Winnipeg Feeders

Status
Not open for further replies.

beardielovers

Hatchling Member
Calling anyone from Winnipeg area! Where are you buying your feeders for your beardies? We live in Portage la Prairie and have only 1 petshop that sells feeders (crix, mealworms and superworms) so we are looking to compare some prices in Winnipeg. We go there enough that we could purchase some live insects to bring home with us. We really want to find a place to get some dubia roaches and start our own colony, but that seems REALLY challenging in Canada, and our area especially.

Catalyst

BD.org Addict
Can't help you out with feeder places, but the reason you're having such a tough time finding roaches is that they're illegal here. Far as I know, the only way to get them is to find someone who already has them and see if they're willing to part with some of their collection.

Have you checked out http://www.canadianfeeders.com? Not sure how the prices are out there, but if you're doing bulk order they might be worthwhile.

beardielovers

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
We have read that here on the forum so we started searching the internet to see what we could find. The only thing that we can find is stuff about importing them. Couldn't find anything about them being illegal to have here. I know there are a few pet stores (Petland is one) are looking into getting them here as well. Does anyone have any links that would show that they are illegal? We wouldn't want to be breaking the law by having a colony in our house. :) It seems wierd that if it was illegal people advertise that they have colonies online as well. Geckoboy told us that he has been doing this for 5 years now. Anyway...

Catalyst

BD.org Addict
My apologies, I wasn't very specific - I should have specified that they're illegal to import but I'm not sure about having them or selling them - I do know there are people who have them in Canada, they're just quite hard to come by.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lunalane827
Top Bottom