Will this work?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My husband went ahead and bought a new dragon before I could put the pictures of the set up on here and he ended up getting one about the same size but slightly larger than Chuggingtons.

Here is my set up. I know I need to put the reptisun tube light in the tank and I am buying something tomorrow to due so. I will take the lid off when I can be upstairs to ensure the cat and kids do not get in the tank till then.

The waterfall works. I am hoping he will drink more from that. I will probably empty his water bowl and use it as a food dish.

icelore

Juvie Member
It looks really nice. :) Once you get the UVB bulb down in the tank so he can get 6-8 inches from you you'll be in business. Those must be some seriously strong basking lights to be that high up and still cook his basking spot to the right temps. I had to switch to a a 75 watt from a 50 and that's just on the lid of a 2 ft. tall cage!

Last but not least, watch the humidity in the tank with a fountain. Most people don't even put water bowls in their enclosures due to the humidity it causes (dragons get most of their moisture from their food and babies should be soaked every other day - they get the rest of their moisture from that), but a fountain with moving water will evaporate even faster. A lot digital thermometers with probes measure humidity as well, so you can keep an eye on that. Remember that beardies are desert creatures and need it dry. Too much humidity can lead to upper respiratory infections.

GL with this little one and please keep us updated on how s/he does!

dragonmommy2003

Original Poster
icelore":1303qckd said:
It looks really nice. :) Once you get the UVB bulb down in the tank so he can get 6-8 inches from you you'll be in business. Those must be some seriously strong basking lights to be that high up and still cook his basking spot to the right temps. I had to switch to a a 75 watt from a 50 and that's just on the lid of a 2 ft. tall cage!

Last but not least, watch the humidity in the tank with a fountain. Most people don't even put water bowls in their enclosures due to the humidity it causes (dragons get most of their moisture from their food and babies should be soaked every other day - they get the rest of their moisture from that), but a fountain with moving water will evaporate even faster. A lot digital thermometers with probes measure humidity as well, so you can keep an eye on that. Remember that beardies are desert creatures and need it dry. Too much humidity can lead to upper respiratory infections.

GL with this little one and please keep us updated on how s/he does!

What was the highest humidity? The thermometer I have has a hydrometer on it.

icelore

Juvie Member
Desert is anything under 30% humidity, moderate humidity is 30% - 70%, and anything above that is considered in the tropical range I believe.

dragonmommy2003

Original Poster
icelore":6k5wk6ir said:
Desert is anything under 30% humidity, moderate humidity is 30% - 70%, and anything above that is considered in the tropical range I believe.

OK. I will only run it a small part of the day to keep it down. Thank you.

disturb3d0n3

Juvie Member
So sorry to hear about your loss! :( the only concern I would have is to make sure if you are using anything from chuggington's cage to be sure everything has been properly disinfected incase there was a parasite.

Edit: including the cage itself. ;)

dragonmommy2003

Original Poster
disturb3d0n3":kcbu5dl9 said:
So sorry to hear about your loss! :( the only concern I would have is to make sure if you are using anything from chuggington's cage to be sure everything has been properly disinfected incase there was a parasite.

Edit: including the cage itself. ;)

I used cleaning vinegar to clean and disinfect everything. It soaked in a high concentration solution for 2 hours, then I scrubbed everything.
Then put the wood piece in the sun for 2 hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoonBug
Top Bottom