will this harm him?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fortunate

Hatchling Member
I know you guys must be soooo sick of seeing my name pop up here but I'm so worried about my Dylan!
He has not been eating well for a while (due to illness) and now his meds are almost over I found some non diary soy yougart for a probiotic. I gave him some this afternoon and now laying in bed I had a mini panic attack - the yougart has flavourants and added probiotic cultures and preservitives, etc in it, is it safe for Dylan? I only gave him a tiny bit mixed in with his "smoothie" I don't want to harm him.

Also when can I start him on reptaid? Should I consult my vet? I don't want to go there if he will keep giving antibiotics but will obviously go if he needs to, I'm just worried about over loading his system.
Oh my gosh I'm going to have a nervous breakdown for sure!
With my dogs and birds I'm so cool and calm, I know what to do and give them basically anything to eat but with Dylan I am so padantic!

Any help would be great, sorry for the rant I just don't want him to die coz of my stupidity!

Thanks guys!

Fortunate

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Thanks! :)
Its sweetened, so will trot off to the shops tomorrow and begin the search again!

catUK

Gray-bearded Member
The soy yogurt i fed to my beardie when she had been having baytril injections seemed to help her appetite, hope it works for yours. I would consult your vet about the reptaid, best safe than sorry. I used reptoboost in my beardies bath water as reccomended by my vet which also helped when she was on medication- not sure where your from but i got it in UK, might also be available elsewhere.

Fortunate

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I will try get him an appointment for tomorrow, thanks.
When there I will ask him what he recommeds and go from there, I have never seen reptoboost here (South Africa) but I have seen Immunoboost.

Will try find non sweetened soy yougart inn the mean time.

wckdbtch

Hatchling Member
Hi there fellow South African! What meds were your baby on? It would be interesting to know what the other SA vets use as we can't get some of the UK and US meds here. Try reptilecity.co.za for the immune booster, as well as the Repti-Aid. As far as a probiotic, ask your vet for Protexin Soluble, but be sure to use only a knive tip quantity per day.

Fortunate

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
wckdbtch":15shwpf3 said:
Hi there fellow South African! What meds were your baby on? It would be interesting to know what the other SA vets use as we can't get some of the UK and US meds here. Try reptilecity.co.za for the immune booster, as well as the Repti-Aid. As far as a probiotic, ask your vet for Protexin Soluble, but be sure to use only a knive tip quantity per day.

Ok He was on Pancur (0.4mls once a day for 5 days) and he is on his last day of Flagyl oral suspension (0.2mls twice a day for 10 days)

As for the protexin I have some here but am to scared to use it for Dylan as I says nothing about rptiles on it.
I shop at ReptileCity and have gotten my reptaid from there, And they are down the road from my vet (Bonus!)
Will have another look there for the booster.

Pancur seems to be the standard issue meds from what I have read.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
J.sobrero
Top Bottom