Will this cause total stress?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My little man has quite the personality and I've read and seen the harnesses and leashes. I thought "maybe a good idea for a safety precaution when he's out and about with us". I recently constructed and made him his own. After a little wrestling and making larger arm holes he fit in and it seemed to fit OK but maybe a little big. He rubbed like cat against the couch pillows a few times and then roamed around fine in it. But I'm wondering if it will keep him stressed or will he become use to it fine? Any thoughts? Here's him with it on for the first time.
91657-1828377848.jpg
I never saw any stress marks come up but still just wanting to get some advice.

Petastics

As long as he is not turning black he will be fine. Howeveer unless ur bringing him outside there is no nwed for a harness

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
It's a good idea to have it for when you're out and about. I've found that the chest harnesses tend to be a bit constrictive and uncomfortable to them, although making the larger arm holes may help. If he keeps trying to wiggle out of it or looks uncomfortable you may want to try using a hip harness instead. They tend to be a bit more forgiving.

BubbaAndJane

Original Poster
CooperDragon":16zlne3z said:
It's a good idea to have it for when you're out and about. I've found that the chest harnesses tend to be a bit constrictive and uncomfortable to them, although making the larger arm holes may help. If he keeps trying to wiggle out of it or looks uncomfortable you may want to try using a hip harness instead. They tend to be a bit more forgiving.

OK. That's makes me feel a little better. Thanks for the advice. And his harness is mainly for when we go out into public (which we haven't attempted yet) but I figured it wouldn't hurt (if its not stressing him out) for him to get use to it by walking around the couch a little with it. He's got free roam of the living room or bedroom when we bring him out but he's still little and doesn't venture too far or much. He seems to like the higher places where he can see all around. Which is another reason I took to the harness, he likes to be high and crawls straight to our shoulders (I know its dangerous and scary so.... precaution vest? Only when we're out and about BC I make sure we're sitting down or still when he's on our shoulders.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
milosmom
Top Bottom