Will i get Leucistics?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nilla

Hatchling Member
I bought my girlfriend a female bd from Lynn at Carolina Designer Dragons for x-mas and will receive her on the 6th.
My girlfriend is a vet and loves Beardies..
I took it upon myself too do all the research required for her new girl so that is why im here.
The bd is a female "Hypo pastel het for Leucistic" the parents are Trinity and Neo,,Neo's parents and grandparents and great grandparents were all Leucistic.. which makes him 100% Marketed Leucistic... Trinity's dad was Leucistic and her Mom was a mix with one parent being Leucistic and the other Hypo Pastel clear nailed.
Im kinda getting ahead of myself but,, im wondering about breeding this girl and trying to get 100% Leucistics from her or at least some.
I plan to buy a 100% Leucistic male from Wendy at Georgia Bearded Dragons in the future and breeding.
What are the chances i will get some leucistics?
How can one tell that they are indeed leucistic jusgt by being white and having clear nails??
Kinda confused here..

beardedwizard

Extreme Poster
You'll receive in the neighborhood of 66%-75% Leucistics from a pairing of Hypo 100% Het Leucistic x Leucistic... And the hets produced will be clear nailed hypos that are 100% het Leucistic just like the mother. The hypos(hets) will be very colorful, but still carry the same gene!

Best of luck, and keep reading! You can never know enough about bearded dragons!

Anthony

nilla

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Thanks so much for the response!
When you say the hets will be very colorful,,how do you mean?
If the hets are the same as the mother will they not appear the same as her?

securedownload.jpg

here she is on the bottom

nilla

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I was told even if i get white ones "leucistics" out of them that they would still carry the hypo gene?
If this is true how does one get to where they are breeding 100% leucistics?
Im confused here bad!
If they still carry this gene wouldnt that mean all dragons carry many other color genes as they all came from many other colors to began with??

I geuss if i understood how a color is devloped from beganing to end result, i might have a better understanding..

protiemama

Gray-bearded Member
Wow, this is all over my head. I just want to say that is a beautiful photo. I love the color and line and placement of thr dragons. And the subjects themselves are lovely. Artistically it is a great shot . I hope the beardies are as super as they look! :D

Sandy H

nilla

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Shes a sweet heart,,seems to like cuddling up and sleeping on my girlfriends neck at night,,too cute!

protiemama

Gray-bearded Member
There was a wonderfuly detailed discussion on the genetics involved in getting German Giants, (I think) Quite a few months back. I don't know if it would help you. I'll see if I can find it in my back log.

Sandy H

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tangel256
Top Bottom