will he stop trying to breed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jstouts

Hatchling Member
i let my beardies(male and female) out every day after school. and the male tries to breed every day. I stop him cause she's too small to breed now. i want them to breed later though. so if i stop him for now will he stop forever?

TASTIGER

Extreme Poster
nope thats just what they do but i would suggest only taking one out at a time it may be stressing them out which could in turn make them sick

jstouts

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
ok and speaking of sick, my female is all glazed eyes and pale. she used to be a great eater, but now she barely eats at all

DragonsNDoodles

Juvie Member
Are they in the same tank or separate tanks? If they are together, you need to separate them immediately.

Your female is getting stressed by the male and needs to be blocked off from him completely, even so that she can't see him.

jstouts

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
they'v been seperated for about 2 and a half weeks, and they can't see each other, but they'r in the same room

TASTIGER

Extreme Poster
it does seem like she is getting stressed males and females really shouldnt be together or see eachother until they are ready to breed.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
jstouts":749q5e1r said:
ok and speaking of sick, my female is all glazed eyes and pale. she used to be a great eater, but now she barely eats at all
I would definitely not breed her, she sounds very stressed and unhealthy right now. Another thing to consider is that stress can raise the coccidia count so that would also be another thing to worry about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tlpowell718
Top Bottom