Will he be ok without lighting for a day?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, I lost power today after a storm. It isn't usually out for several days so it should just be for today, but I have no way to turn on my baby's UVB or baking spot or heat his enclosure. I don't have anything in the way of heat packs in my house really...

Squish is just over 4 m/o. He usually waits to poop in the morning until I give him his daily bath, but I don't want to bathe him today if he can't warm up afterwards, so I'm also stressing about that.

MrSpectrum

Gray-bearded Member
You can stop stressing--he'll be fine.
You weren't around for the great UVB debacle; when I first got mine, he went w/o UVB for a couple of weeks. He's almost 8 months now, and he's fine.

ECarroll25

Original Poster
Ok thanks haha. I can be a very...neurotic pet parent and he is my first reptile. Even though I did plenty of research before bringing him home I get worried very easily because I want to do it right! I was more worried about the heating issue but they actually fixed the power waaay sooner than I thought they would so it's all good lol.

MrSpectrum

Gray-bearded Member
As far as heating goes, as long as your house temp doesn't fall below 60°-65°F, he'll be fine--probably just go to sleep.

ECarroll25":1ydw9ctr said:
I can be a very...neurotic pet parent and he is my first reptile. Even though I did plenty of research before bringing him home I get worried very easily because I want to do it right!
You're in good company. Sounds like most folks on this forum. :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nhacaiuytinco1
Top Bottom