Will adult superworms eat baby superworms?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bailey91990

Hatchling Member
Was wondering if the adult superworms(large ones) will eat the baby superworms (small ones).
I have a friend who breeds them & time to time Ill buy like 20 of them from her for like 2$. But she didnt give me any substrate to keep them in, but luckily I just bought a 75ct of small superworms for my 7week old beardy. So I figure I would keep them in that container with the small superworms because half of them are gone, But I dont want them eating off the small ones. Its a regular Petco Superworm container.
Anyone know?

I dont think the large worms will eat the small worms. I also would not recomend feeding supers (even smalls) to a beardie that yound. You will find numerous posts on these forums saying to wait untill adult age. The hard chittin can cause impaction. Just my 2cents

william488

Juvie Member
super worms will eat other super worms if you are not providing enough moisture. they have to get it from somewhere, I personally give them carrots, etc.

Bailey91990

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Trust me I know the hole rule of thumb if your beardy is under 16inches not to feed supers to it. But before I new that rule I tried it with 1 my dragons because the other one doesnt like them. & hes about 13inches and he can eat 5-6 a day perfectly fine. He poops twice everyday and he loves them. I know just because it hasnt happen doesnt mean it wont. But I believe that rule means if the Super gets eatten str8 on like slides down the beardys throat because then your have a pretty big worm going through there intestines. But when he eats them he bends them in half and chews them pretty well. I usually like to follow all the rules just be safe, but for now Ill just continue with what Im doing and hope for the best. Only thing I wont feed them is Butterworms (bad experiences with them) and any type of mealworms. But thank you for your concern :)

Yea I found out about the moisture after this post so I put two baby carrots in with them and they gobbled them up and the mositure is pretty high in there now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
J.sobrero
Top Bottom