Wife made me get a new Beardie help please

Status
Not open for further replies.

acdcman75

After my post a few days back decided to listen and try another Beardie She is orange yellow and grey.. and I wanna call her Morticia after my recent one that passed but the wife wants to call her Molly... I bought a second tubeuvb light so she has two... and she has a mercury uvb heater on her basking cave along with another heat bulb... the thermometer says about 108 on the far left and in the middle it says 85... I was wonderig if these were OK... I am ordering her a ceramic heater and Phoenix worms and will feed the worms baby food and some other food... is there an specific gut load I should use? The et told me to toss the vitamin spray and us a weening formula... please help... on phone if it looks bad

zandi202

BD.org Addict
It's a little daunting, all these questions, but answering them helps.

1. How old is your dragon?

2. How long have you had your dragon?

3. How long is your dragon?

4. What is the sex of your dragon?

5. What size enclosure do you have your dragon in?

6. What type substrate do you have on the bottom of your tank?

7. Do you use UVB lights?

8. If so, Is it a coil, compact, fluorescent tube, or Mercury Vapor bulb?

9. What is the brand name and number of your bulb? Wattage (if MVB)?

10. How old is your UVB bulb?

11. How close can your dragon get to the UVB?

12. Do you use a separate basking bulb? What kind and what is the wattage? Is it a white or colored bulb?

13. What are the basking temps?

14. What is the cool side temp?

15. Do you take the temps with a stick on thermometer, a digital thermometer with a wire and a probe end or a temp gun?

16. Where exactly are you taking your basking temps?

17. Do you use a heat rock or heat pad?

18. What do you feed your dragon? Please be specific.

19. How often do you feed and what time do you feed (morning, afternoon, night)?

20. Do you gutload (feed) your crickets, worms, etc?

21. Do you use vitamin or calcium supplements? What brand(s)? How many days a week do you use each of them?

22. Is your dragon having regular bowel movements (poops)?

23. Do you bath your dragon? How often?

24. Do you mist your dragon or offer water other than in the bath?

25. Have you gotten a vet check and fecal done?

26. Does your dragon share an enclosure with another dragon?

acdcman75

Original Poster
How old is your dragon?18 Months

2. How long have you had your dragon? Two days

3. How long is your dragon? 14-15 inches ?

4. What is the sex of your dragon? Female

5. What size enclosure do you have your dragon in? A 24 long or somethings until I can get the 60 gallon soon

6. What type substrate do you have on the bottom of your tank? I installed a sandy limestone like tile that won't loosen it files her nails I think

7. Do you use UVB lights? Yes

8. If so, Is it a coil, compact, fluorescent tube, or Mercury Vapor bulb?
Two fluours and a mvb
9. What is the brand name and number of your bulb? Wattage (if MVB)? Exo Terra mvb 130 and 2 zillas one 18 inch with a zoomed sun 10.0 replaced I heard its the best and a 20 inch zilla 10.0

10. How old is your UVB bulb? New

11. How close can your dragon get to the UVB? 10-12 inches

12. Do you use a separate basking bulb? What kind and what is the wattage? Is it a white or colored bulb? Yes a light blue I think 100?

13. What are the basking temps?the thermometer next to her cavs says 108

14. What is the cool side temp? The middle is 85 so I'm guessing 75-80ish?

15. Do you take the temps with a stick on thermometer, a digital thermometer with a wire and a probe end or a temp gun? Digital near cave stick on with humidity near cave on left she basks on cave

16. Where exactly are you taking your basking temps? Next to cave in middle of glass on far left

17. Do you use a heat rock or heat pad? A heat pad probably not doing anything

18. What do you feed your dragon? Please be specific. I gave her super worms which she attacked the box when I brought her in... I gave her too many I think cause she puked... so I am limiting her to three every two days and I have crickets with protein ween formula and flukers calcium with flukers calcium gel which I dish with calcium no d3... I am getting her Phoenix worms and gonna feed them babyfood chicken for protein I also have a kale green mix no spinach or lettuce though she won't eat them yet

19. How often do you feed and what time do you feed (morning, afternoon, night)? I turn on he'd light then shower then feed her crickets and fill her veggie dish with greens and keep them in there she mostly eats protein though

20. Do you gutload (feed) your crickets, worms, etc? Yes flukers gel and calcium

21. Do you use vitamin or calcium supplements? What brand(s)? How many days a week do you use each of them? Just dust

22. Is your dragon having regular bowel movements (poops)? Yes and smell baaaad

23. Do you bath your dragon? How often? Once every two days I plan

24. Do you mist your dragon or offer water other than in the bath? Yes two to three times a day

25. Have you gotten a vet check and fecal done? Not yet am Friday

26. Does your dragon share an enclosure with another dragon? No

acdcman75

Original Poster
Oh and the lights sit on a screen that's more open than the other I just bought it wider Holes... and I take her outside daily

kankri

Here's another question:

Where did you get your dragon?

Please don't say you got another from the clutch at wherever you bought your first...

Sauzo

Sub-Adult Member
First off, i'd ditch the MVB. Those are for high enclosures of minimum 24 inches imo. I'd also ditch all the UVB tubes except the Zoo Med ReptiSun one. If you need a longer tube once you get the 60 gallon, then i'd just go to Home Depot or Lowes and buy a fixture of the size you need. Also UVB lights should not be set on a screen top or with any kind of fluorescent diffuser or cover as it will filter out around 50% of the UVB. As for temps, me personally, I use a temp gun over trusting any stick on thermometer. For food, definitely want more veggies. Mustard greens, collard greens, dandelion greens, squash, turnip greens are all good and for bugs, i'd go with dubia roaches. For poop, if I remember correctly, it shouldn't smell really bad. Is it solid and slightly moist? Are the whites(urates) chalky or slightly damp(chalky can mean dehydrated)? Not sure about this but I've read that misting a lot can cause respitory problems. I just give my little girl a bath in a Tupperware container every few days(more if she is shedding). Anyways, good luck with this one :)

acdcman75

Original Poster
OK I cut holes under the uvb light temporarily until my bid brings the 60 and I can mount the reptisuns in... thank you will try and get her dubias will mix them with Phoenix worms and buy squash and all that other stuff today thank you

Sauzo

Sub-Adult Member
Also when you do Phoenix worms, don't dust em everyday with calcium since they are naturally loaded with calcium already. I'd dust the worms twice a week with calcium and of course twice a week with a multivitamin like Herptivite.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
J.sobrero
Top Bottom