Wichita Falls Reptile Rescue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beardymama33

Juvie Member
Has anyone had experience with Wichita Falls Reptile Rescue on facebook? I was wondering because he seems to be very rude when given even the smallest suggestion, it is as if he thinks he knows everything and anyone making a friendly comment is shot down. I am not the only one he has done this to, i have seen him do it to others on his page. Has anyone else had a run in with this guy? :cry:

Rankins

Gray-bearded Member
I just thought of something so had to edit my prior post. I do deal with a guy in Wichita Falls for feeders. I am not sure if its the same guy your referring to though. He can sound abrasive, but he is actually a decent guy.

Beardymama33

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Rankins":4r5oir45 said:
I just thought of something so had to edit my prior post. I do deal with a guy in Wichita Falls for feeders. I am not sure if its the same guy your referring to though. He can sound abrasive, but he is actually a decent guy.
unless this guy outright attacks people for even making a suggestion its not the same guy. this guy does not breed feeders that i know of, he just does rescues of both domesticated and wild reptiles. Every time i came up with a suggestion based on both experience and research he just got meaner. he attacked me over telling him that the style of mesh on a thing he was planning on using for transport has been known to injure animals with limbs. I was going to donate to his facility but he just got really rude towards me and then took down my posts while banning me from his page just as i blocked him. I know he did it to save face so people didnt see that i was nothing but friendly until the last tantrum he threw. I can deal with abrasive, i like to spar with abrasive in a good natured way! Heck my own daddy can seem abrasive to many people, this guy isnt abrasive hes down right rude and acts as if he knows it all and wont take advice or warnings without attacking those that give it. As i said before this guy has attacked others and banned people that only gave advice or said they would donate but hadnt gotten the funds to do so. :banghead: it is just frustrating when people act as if they know everything and are rude to people that give friendly advice. Yes, many of us are on different levels, but, i might know something that will help someone and someone else might know something that will help me. People like him give other rescuers a bad name. I now am looking into another facility i might be able to donate to that is run by nicer people.

Beardymama33

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Rankins":5edw1kx5 said:
Sounds like its a different person ;)
Probably is, and i do hope that he becomes a nicer person in the future, because hes driving away potential donators and people that know something he might not know. There is no way that even an expert would know everything about the field, there are new things found out daily about reptiles. This man even tried to tell me not to give any d3 supplements to my bearded dragon, when i told him that this is the practice used because the lighting isnt sufficient for them he then relented and told me that i should give it 2-3 times a month.....he even tried to act as if i didnt know what i am doing, i have a healthy, energetic (when he wants to bee with his goober butt), well cared for dragon that was on the verge of possibly being dead if i had not adopted him from his tiny tank at petsmart. This is the kind of guy that will act rudely towards you if you give new info or different info than he knows. When i get new info (if it is given without the person being rude about it) i will consider it and, most times, start to use it. It was on here that i learned about reptiboost, it saved his life and i am grateful for it, i also learned that i CAN feed superworms to him but to feed something else along with them, i even learned a few techniques in easing shedding on here. I can tell others how i tamed my frightened beardie so he can be handled and how to breed feeders. I have a system where i breed them so i dont have to pay for them all the time. It may be different from others methods so i will tell how i do it but not tell people that its the ONLY way. I do go by the "more than one way to skin a cat" saying. This is why i like it here, if something i or someone else is doing is wrong they arent jumped all over they are given advice and given the chance to take it or leave it. Even the experts on here have admitted they dont know everything and are open to something new!

Boba29

Omg I know exactly what you're talking about! Had the same problem! He is super rude and thinks he knows everything!

Beardymama33

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Boba29":3slan065 said:
Omg I know exactly what you're talking about! Had the same problem! He is super rude and thinks he knows everything!
I know he even told me living on a farm (we actually raised some of our own things) in the middle of a wildlife area AND rescuing several of those wild animals successfully does not make me remotely qualified to give ANY advice. i actually have studied and been around animals for the majority of my life, and though i am not an expert, i know a few things that he might not and visa versa. He called me a drama queen when i told him that he WAS going to get a donation from me in the near future but when he started acting rudely towards me i felt that I was not welcome, and if i was not welcome then my donation is not welcome! i had already unliked him and as i was blocking him he erased my replies (to make himself look better because my replies would show that i didnt attack him he attacked me) and banned me.....i dont want others to go through the same harsh treatment so i am putting out this warning to tread lightly with this man if anyone does want to or has contacted this man on any social media sites.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom