why wont he eat?

Status
Not open for further replies.

danny662boy

Hatchling Member
ok so after spending 600 bucks on fecal samples, blood work, enimas, x-rays, seeking 2 different vets... the last vet suggested (almost a month ago) my beardie that is 8 months old has gone into Heat early which has caused him to not eat.she said she's been seeing this in alot of animals that they're 4 months early. his behavior of not eating has been going on now for a month and a half.

his basking temp is fine ranges from 104-108 and has a repti sun 10.0 uvb floro tube which is a month old.
his lights are on a timer and have moved from the 12 on/off during the fall/winter months, to now 13 hours on 11 off.
he gets different greens ., collard, kale, for this week its mustard greens.

he gets crickets as his staple, but eats only a couple every 2,3,4 days? and that's his time to get calcium, and vitamin supplements

i have no idea what to do? am i forcing nature to do what its gotta do? should i just wait it out some more?

LJean

Extreme Poster
Have you tried using other feeders to entice him to eat? I know Oscar went through a period of time where he would not eat crickets. I had to go with superworms and wax worms. Can you find butterworms in your area? They supposedly smell like fruit and my dragons like them.

I can't think of anything else that would help you. Hang in there!

danny662boy

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
ya i've tried giving him wax worms and butterworms, its trout season so they're pretty much at every store. he's maybe eaten a few wax worms a few weeks ago, and prolly has eaten 3 butterworms in about a month..

i might get some phoenix worms for him this weekend, and we shall go from there, i didnt want to do superworms because of the shell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
meljorogers
Top Bottom