Why Sandfire?

Status
Not open for further replies.

spyder79

Extreme Poster
dragonxxxx":2ahown2p said:
will 3330 posts make me a cranky know it all like you. alot of people out there in beardie land including this forum (not just me) use the term sandfire i'm so sorry that offends you so much. maybe you can make that your lifes work (other than this forum) to ban forever the term sandfire, unless sand is actually on fire. oh and you spell sense, sense, not, since

Once again that post was useless and in my honest opinion shows a level of ignorance that is sad. If you can't read through this and realize that it is not the term sandfire that i have an issue with but people, such as yourself, that call an animal sandfire just cause its the "cool thing to do" or whatever makes you say it. I have typed up in many different ways a great deal of information on how you would classify an animal with no genetic/breeder background info but all you want to do is continuously argue over how you have to be right. So I will be leaving this thread now and I will just let you feel like you got the big win cause god forbid someone that actually knows the correct info disagreed with you the great and powerful dragonxxxx

lmao

dragonxxxx

Hatchling Member
with all the orange beardies out there they are the ones that arn't special, that's why breeders are fast at work to try and one up themselves. also a few weeks ago someone posted what are the rarest beardies or something to that nature, a person posted just a plain gray one, because you don't see them as much anymore. i'm not tring to miss inform anyone, just trying not to be so critical. but seriously spyder79, thanks for serving our country, and giving us the freedom to disagree

RedInkAus

Hatchling Member
Just because I take all the badges of my Toyota and replace them with a Ferrari badges does not make my Toyota into a Ferrari. If you did not directly get the dragon from Sandfire ranch or from someone that has proof (not stuff they tell you but documented paperwork) that their line came from Sadfire Ranch it ain't a Sandfire. Sandfire refers to the branding or in this case the breeders line. Not from that line not a "sandfire" simple as that. It is not dependant on the colour as Sandfire Ranch produces different coloured dragons but are all "sandfire" lines as that's where they came from. It works for any morph out there tagged with a particular "lines" name. Cris Allen, Daichu, Fire and Ice etc... ect... If the name was trademarked people would be under a law suit so fast it would not be funny, can you imaging branding a dark cola you made with "COKE" and saying it the real thing. If it didn't come from the original lines it's a knock off mate.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Perhaps a reminder of forum rules needs to be posted on here?? PLEASE refrain from personal attacks on this thread. Otherwise, warnings will be issued according for not following forum etiquette. Remember, it is not tolerated nor an excuse to say that you were not aware of the rules. They are very easily found here on the forum. However, if you need help in finding them, I will be more than happy to post the link to them. This thread will be watched for further abuses. Please follow the rules on here, we would appreciate your cooperation.

Tracie

vickson420

BD.org Addict
Retired Moderator
Thanks for that reminder Tracie.
I would like to just add one thing, we have quite a number of people who come here looking to identify a morph with no knowledge of their genetic lines and I would like to share my opinion on exactly how we should respond to such a question and then explain why.
The answer is very simple and undisputable,pogona vitticeps also known as a bearded dragon and the reason is because we seem to have become quite wrapped up in "lines".They are meaningless.What really matters is are they healthy,if yes then be happy! :wink:

gulfbrzdawn

BD.org Addict
vickson420":1x5slfp7 said:
The answer is very simple and undisputable,pogona vitticeps also known as a bearded dragon and the reason is because we seem to have become quite wrapped up in "lines".They are meaningless.What really matters is are they healthy,if yes then be happy! :wink:
Amen sister! :wink:

spyder79

Extreme Poster
vickson420":q499wt9c said:
I would like to just add one thing, we have quite a number of people who come here looking to identify a morph with no knowledge of their genetic lines and I would like to share my opinion on exactly how we should respond to such a question and then explain why.

:headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

its not a hard concept.

nair88

Gray-bearded Member
vickson420":11qau4yd said:
love it!

Ellers

Ok...here goes
I understand the whole "MINE IS A SANDFIRE" thing. I also agree with other posts that unless your dragon is from or desended from certain dragons at Sand Fire Ranch then it isnt a real sand fire.

So as nobody can tell what is what anymore I have decided to rename Riley (my four month old dragon) as a Spitfire Dragon. Any further Dragon decended from Riley is from now on called a Spitfire Dragon and if your dragon looks anything like Riley then you can call it a Spitfire.....Grow up!

spyder79

Extreme Poster
Ellers":363tj5te said:
Ok...here goes
I understand the whole "MINE IS A SANDFIRE" thing. I also agree with other posts that unless your dragon is from or desended from certain dragons at Sand Fire Ranch then it isnt a real sand fire.

So as nobody can tell what is what anymore I have decided to rename Riley (my four month old dragon) as a Spitfire Dragon. Any further Dragon decended from Riley is from now on called a Spitfire Dragon and if your dragon looks anything like Riley then you can call it a Spitfire.....Grow up!

Who is the little snip at the end of your post directed towards exactly?

Ellers

Who is the little snip at the end of your post directed towards exactly?

Nobody. I just feel that people sholdnt p*ss and moan about how this is a so and so and this is a blah blah. If you have a true dare I say it pedigree dragon then thats amazing and I am honestly happy for you. If on the other hand you want to then argue about what is what and how "my dragon is better than your dragon" then as I said GROW UP!

PS im still calling Riley a Spitfire...lol

Paradon

Sub-Adult Member
I think people can say whatever they want. Just do whatever make you happy! lol :wink: :lol: You shouldn't make a big deal or a statement out of every little thing like what people say or if they disagree with you. You will rarely, or never, find someone who will agree with you on everything. It would be strange if everybody agrees. It's very uncool in my country to loose your temper over the slightest thing, which is OK here in America. Americans tend to loose it easily which is uncool over there. I think it's because Thai people follow the teachings of Buddha.... :wink: :mrgreen:

Ellers

Sorry guys and Gals but according to spyder79 im harrassing him with my comments. Ill leave this site due to the fact that I cant exercise freedom of speech without the fear of being reported to an Admin. I just wanted to learn and maybe make a better for my dragon but im off now to join another forum where jumped up little know it all's dont command power and people care about their dragons.

jeritta

Sub-Adult Member
vickson420":20v2g810 said:

I like this answer can we put it somewhere where everyone can read it so we can stop this bickering???

spyder79

Extreme Poster
Ellers":3j2r62hy said:
Sorry guys and Gals but according to spyder79 im harrassing him with my comments. Ill leave this site due to the fact that I cant exercise freedom of speech without the fear of being reported to an Admin. I just wanted to learn and maybe make a better for my dragon but im off now to join another forum where jumped up little know it all's dont command power and people care about their dragons.

Lol really?

What I said was you continuing to PM me was harassment. But whatever you feel you need to say. The PMs do not lie which I have all of. Please do not make up stuff.

as sad as it is to say I vote that this thread be locked since people just want to post un-needed banter on it (myself included)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom