Why Sandfire?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MALIBUSMOM

Gray-bearded Member
img1260124544618.jpg

I was told Malibu was a sandfire....hmmm....she was born at Plaistow,N.H.
New England reptile Distriduter/NERDS/Zoo Creatures
Her parents were both very orange yellow and red

spyder79

Extreme Poster
dragonxxxx":1zftp4xk said:
so let me understand this, someone posts what does my beardie look like,( and it looks like a sandfire) and because you don't want to look like you know what your talking about, and say that might be a sandfire, your supposed to say it's orange. i hope all of you that have special phase colored beardies have trustworthy breeders because unless you do a dna test on your beardie, (and not just going by what it looks like) you truly don't know what type of beardie you have, because according to you, you can't tell by just looking at it.

It has nothing to do with not wanting to look like you know what you are talking about. It has everything to do with not talking out of your rear. The only way a animal can be a sandfire is if it is a decendant of or purchased from sandfire dragon ranch, whom is the originator of that particular marketing term. Just cause a dragon is high orange does not mean it is a sandfire. Sure you can call it that if you want but if you do all you are doing is speculating, also known as talking out of your rear.

That would be like me calling every red dragon in existence a chris allen red. Its just bs. That is why when you see me comment on someones post where they are asking what their dragon is I just tell them what color phase it is as the only way to know what type it is you have to know who the breeder was. That is the only way.

dragonxxxx

Hatchling Member
granted a few years back there were no sandfires, but now there are, i've seen many sandfires so i would not no why it would be wrong to say , perhaps that's a sandfire, it's an educated guess based on the beardies appearance and what i know about sandfires, there are many morphs out there and many more to come, and what the breeders are striving for is something totally different, but uniquely the same. so going back to my prior post, there is really no way to truly know what type of beardie you have. but wouldn't you say most beardies have certain characteristics that set them apart from other beardies. so we on this forum should no longer say i have this or i have that we should all say , mine is yellow, mine is white, mine is red or mine is orange. (off subject) have you seen the green beardies, totally awsome, what are those called.

spyder79

Extreme Poster
dragonxxxx":3owp48mz said:
granted a few years back there were no sandfires, but now there are, i've seen many sandfires so i would not no why it would be wrong to say , perhaps that's a sandfire, it's an educated guess based on the beardies appearance and what i know about sandfires, there are many morphs out there and many more to come, and what the breeders are striving for is something totally different, but uniquely the same. so going back to my prior post, there is really no way to truly know what type of beardie you have. but wouldn't you say most beardies have certain characteristics that set them apart from other beardies. so we on this forum should no longer say i have this or i have that we should all say , mine is yellow, mine is white, mine is red or mine is orange. (off subject) have you seen the green beardies, totally awsome, what are those called.

No we on this forum and any other should not try and apply a breeders name (sandfire is not a morph it is the name of a breeding company coined onto their orange lines) to a dragon that has no background information. Why are you continuously trying to argue over trivial crap. it is cut and dry if the animal came from a pet shop with zero background information than you should not call it something it is not.

Gail

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Once again Brian, you summed it up better then I could.
Ziggy, you are exactly right, "morphs" are just fancy names for coloring and has nothing to do with "breeds". Since everyone seems to understand dog/cat examples, lets say I breed black labs and my Kennel is called Idaho Blacks, that doesn't mean all black labs are Idaho blacks. In order for a dog to be a "true" Idaho black it would have to come from my kennel or be a direct descended of my line.
Same with dragons and all the different morph names, they just help ID the dragons bloodlines. I do agree with Tom though, sandfires have been out there so long that there is a good change all lines have sandfire in it some where.
Yes, dragonxxxx. There is no way know what a dragon is just by looking at it unless it has a genetic trait like hypo, trans, etc... You want a special morph/color, then make sure to buy from a reputable breeder who takes the time to research their dragons bloodlines. You want to know what fancy name to stick on your orange pet store dragon, tough beans. Its just a orange.

dragonxxxx

Hatchling Member
speculated on the stock market a couple of times, made a bunch of money, gail, wow a beardie snob, what a shot to all those poor folks who got their beardies from pet shops. as i said mine was from a breeder who said it was a sandfire. gosh you guys better notify all those breeders on line seling sandfire dragons about the fact their not selling sandfires.

Gail

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Dragon, just curious, do you breed? I wonder where you seen all these clutches of sandfires?

How am I being a snob to people who got their dragon from a pet store? I just think it wrong for someone to be told they have something they don't. What if one of the people you told has a sandfire starts breeding and selling under that name? Don't you see thats wrong? Would you ever care?

Oh and for you info, I don't have a fancy morph. She might have came from a breeder but she isn't anything special color wise but I suppose since she kinda looks like a gold sandfire I'll just call her that. Maybe I'll over breed her and sell her "sandfire" babies for way more then they are really worth, after all she has a fancy name.

dragonxxxx

Hatchling Member
do you know if you google search what is a sandfire bearded dragon this whole topic pops up. anyway i have a friend who breeds beardies he has about 10 to 12 maybe more breeding pairs. he is where i got my 3 beardies,and in january i'm gettig a citrus from him (ok yellow phase) i know that it's all about color, and i know that morphs have nothing to do with breed, but with every new morph comes the possibility of a new breed (or should i say phase) you would have to agree that in the last few years with all the new phases and hypo this and het that and whats to come in the next few years it's getting and going to get more confusing. and with the amount of orange beardies that the sandfire ranch put out, and everybody and their mothers breeding these things theres a good chance that alot of the orange beardies out ther are related. and many breeders (incluing my friend) still refer to oranges as a sandfire, or use sandfire in the description, such as red sandfire, or pastel sandfire. my friend called the one he gave me an orange sandfire. i don't think there is anything wrong with using the term sandfire when describing a beardie, if i'm wrong so be it

spyder79

Extreme Poster
dragonxxxx":3i8blpgq said:
do you know if you google search what is a sandfire bearded dragon this whole topic pops up. anyway i have a friend who breeds beardies he has about 10 to 12 maybe more breeding pairs. he is where i got my 3 beardies,and in january i'm gettig a citrus from him (ok yellow phase) i know that it's all about color, and i know that morphs have nothing to do with breed, but with every new morph comes the possibility of a new breed (or should i say phase) you would have to agree that in the last few years with all the new phases and hypo this and het that and whats to come in the next few years it's getting and going to get more confusing. and with the amount of orange beardies that the sandfire ranch put out, and everybody and their mothers breeding these things theres a good chance that alot of the orange beardies out ther are related. and many breeders (incluing my friend) still refer to oranges as a sandfire, or use sandfire in the description, such as red sandfire, or pastel sandfire. my friend called the one he gave me an orange sandfire. i don't think there is anything wrong with using the term sandfire when describing a beardie, if i'm wrong so be it

Good, so be it, be wrong. Just drop it all ready. Ever heard the phrase "why beat a dead horse"? Cause that is what you are doing. With your "every dragon is a sandfire" argument you literally took what was to be an informative thread and turned it into a "well what if this what if that but maybe this but maybe that" back and fourth thread of missinformation. At the end of the day terms such as Sandfire, chris allen red, etc, etc, are very overused by uninformed people who take no time to research the actual origins of their animals. It truly is as simple as that.

dragonxxxx

Hatchling Member
maybe i should post a warning at the bottom of my thread, seems like you can dish it out, but you can't take it. where have i said that all beardies are sandfires, do you actually read the posts or just jump to conclusions.

spyder79

Extreme Poster
dragonxxxx":3lxxz3dv said:
maybe i should post a warning at the bottom of my thread, seems like you can dish it out, but you can't take it. where have i said that all beardies are sandfires, do you actually read the posts or just jump to conclusions.
Do you actually know anything about dragons or do you just like arguing.

dragonxxxx

Hatchling Member
obliviously not as much as you, and if that what floats your boat than you win,i guess unless you have a bearded dragon from a breeder where you got yours from, then you don't have a true brearded dragon at all,'' just a wanna be beardie'' (hey maybe i should copy write that) this isn't agruing, this is bickering

spyder79

Extreme Poster
dragonxxxx":2xgpfiz1 said:
obliviously not as much as you, and if that what floats your boat than you win,i guess unless you have a bearded dragon from a breeder where you got yours from, then you don't have a true brearded dragon at all,'' just a wanna be beardie'' (hey maybe i should copy write that) this isn't agruing, this is bickering

Your post made absolutely zero since. Good job on that one. It doesn't float my boat to know more than you it just annoys me to have someone who actually has no idea what they are talking about spew missinformation on a site that is full of beginners that will absorb your information because of the way you shove it at them.

dragonxxxx

Hatchling Member
will 3330 posts make me a cranky know it all like you. alot of people out there in beardie land including this forum (not just me) use the term sandfire i'm so sorry that offends you so much. maybe you can make that your lifes work (other than this forum) to ban forever the term sandfire, unless sand is actually on fire. oh and you spell sense, sense, not, since

ziggy23

Gray-bearded Member
dragonxxxx":jldymgh8 said:

There's nothing wrong with having a normal dragon. A normal dragon can be just as beautiful or even more beautiful than a true morph. There are actually a lot of advantages to having a normal dragon. Besides the price tag, normals have more genetic variety than the exotic morphs, so more likely to be hardier.

Both my dragons are normal, and they rock. I wouldn't trade them for the most exotic morph in the world. It's nothing to be ashamed of. It doesn't make them less. My Astarte is very brightly colored. In my first post in this thread, the reason why I asked if that was a bad photo, because she's a lot brighter orange than those dragons pictured.

It's a pet, not a contest on who has the most exotic animal. Unless you're planning on breeding, a lot of that genetic stuff doesn't matter at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom