Why my bearded dragon always close her left eye?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tmc001

My 4 month dragon always close her left eye since this week. When I got her attention, she would open both eyes for a while.

I'm using Zoo Med ReptiSun 10.0 UVB and Zoo Med basking bulb, temps all normal and she eats and poops just fine.

Any one can help me ??

mikimom07

Both my babies do the same thing...I thought it was from the red basking bulb but I changed that to a regular white house bulb and they still do it. I'm curious as to what could be the problem as well....

reddragon087

Juvie Member
I've read that a lot of the times it could be damage from one of the bulbs being used.
However, they also close their eyes when they are trying to focus on something. It's like
people when we wake up, we have to open and close to get focus. I would say if it is
constant take her to get checked, if not then continue to monitor. Is she getting the right
calcium..what are the temps and have you noticed any puffiness or drooping near the
eye?

tmc001

Original Poster
reddragon087":ohzy9dfn said:
I've read that a lot of the times it could be damage from one of the bulbs being used.
However, they also close their eyes when they are trying to focus on something. It's like
people when we wake up, we have to open and close to get focus. I would say if it is
constant take her to get checked, if not then continue to monitor. Is she getting the right
calcium..what are the temps and have you noticed any puffiness or drooping near the
eye?

I think the bulbs are the best I can get, everybody recommend zoo med reptisun....I dust calcium 5 times per week,and the basking temps is around 104....I checked her eye, it looks nothing weird, no puffiness, no drooping......and she close the left eye a lot, I mean she doesn't need focus something all day,right?

reddragon087

Juvie Member
Could be an eye problem and it just isn't visible yet. If it is constant I would take her
to the vet and ask them to take a look. Just because it isn't poofy or droopy doesn't
mean there isn't a problem. She could have possibly been scratching herself or rubbing
on something and scratched her eye.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tangel256
Top Bottom