Why isnt my 2 other baby beardies big and fat?

Status
Not open for further replies.

shoogiie10

Hello, I am a 10 year old girl who got 3 baby beardies for Christmas, but Tiki and Agent Lulu (my 2 smallest) are being bullied by Herashio (the biggest) and Tiki and Agent Lulu isnt very fat or big like Herashio, I am very worried, and also, since this is our first time owning beardies, we would like to know some info on how to care for them in the midwest (we are in a blizzard and the hall is freakin cold!!) Any help would be GREAT! :banghead:

Elora

Sub-Adult Member
The number one problem is that you have them housed together. :( Bearded dragons should not be housed together or they will fight. Often resulting in death. Some of them may begin to stop eating. I used to have my 2 babies housed together and one of them bullied the other one. Eventually the smaller one stopped eating and didnt move much. I almost lost her until I found this website and they told me to separate them and helped me learn how to syringe feed her (dripping baby food into her mouth, no needle) Then a month later she finally started eating again.

Sorry to come off harsh I dont mean to be! Its very important that you separate them. We can help you to get your tank set up right.
here is the care sheet from this website http://www.beardeddragon.org/articles/caresheet/
here is a nutrition sheet of veggies. http://www.beautifuldragons.503xtreme.com/Nutrition.html

If you answer some of these questions we can help you figure out the best way to keep your tanks warm through the winter. (I say tanks becuase its very important to separate your babies before its too late. they are already showing signs of agression and it will not stop)

What size is your tank?
What lighting do you use?
Bearded dragons need a source of UV light. What UV light do you have (brand?)
What substrate do you use? crushed walnut shells and vitamin or calci sand can be fatal to bearded dragons.
What do you feed your beardies?
How much?
are they dusted with calcium? Its VERY important for growing babies to have additional sources of calcium.
If you feed crickets do you gut load your crickets? Crickets from the pet store have very little nutrition. Feeding the crickets and giving them moisture makes them nice little healthy snacks!
What are the temps in your tank? The temps should be around 105 in the basking area and around 80 or so on the cool side
What do you use to measure your temps? Stick on thermometers can be off by almost 20 degrees and cant be moved around to where you really need to know the temperature.
What veggies do you offer to your babies? (I say "offer" becuase babies usually are picky about eating veggies but make sure you offer them some everyday) lettuce has no nutritional value http://www.beautifuldragons.503xtreme.com/Nutrition.html

Welcome and dont worry, you have found a great website. If I hadnt of found this website my beardie would have passed away

Elora

Sub-Adult Member
Ops didnt see that you said you where 10! make sure you have your parents read what I said too! :D

Ethelia

Extreme Poster
Elora is very right, unfortunatly dragons shouldnt be housed together because they do get bullied.
Other than seperating your little dragons there is no other way to make your two little ones grow happy and healthy.

Its important you get your mom or dad to come and have a look at the list Elora has written.

Holly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nhacaiuytinco1
Top Bottom