why is my mam scared of my bearded dragon

Status
Not open for further replies.

drakedragon

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Chaosadnd1":3cqgkz4j said:
When i had my first beardie I was still married, and the beardie was about a year and a half old. My ex loved to look at it, but would never hold it. She tolerated it when I had it out but never once held it. She'd pet it here and there, but that's it. And she was never ever happy about crickets. She complained about them constantly. Might be part of the reason she is my ex lol.

lol that sounds just like my mam

KristineM

Gray-bearded Member
Funny...I wanted our beardie and convinced my husband to take him in. I'm totally in love with him and have my hands in his enclosure all the time. I've never held him! He's only 5 weeks old so I'm only afraid of hurting him not necessarily of him as a beardie. My husband however, will hold him and give him his baths and let him snuggle up in his hand.

Just funny to see the role reversal. Especially since I obsess over the temps and feeding and hydration so much :)

Aceyourface

Hatchling Member
Hahaha my mom is the same. Every time I have Thor near my mom she gets worried that she will jump on her I keep telling her that's not very likely. She also always says "she's looking at me I don't trust her" lol she's half way joking. I don't know why she freaks out. Thor is so tame and has never been aggressive with anyone. My mom loves my crested gecko though she thinks he's adorable.

BlueMorpho

Juvie Member
"Might be part of the reason she's my ex..." ROFL!!
My mom loves Striker and Eri just fine as long as they're not on her. She loves watching them eat, and has slowly started petting Striker (but not Eri). She does call them her "GrandLizards".
Give your mom time. If she sees how important your beardie is to you, hopefully she'll at least respect that relationship, if not make an effort to engage herself with them, too.

herpgirl2510

Sub-Adult Member
My husband enjoys watching and looking at all of my reptiles but he will not so much as put a finger on any of them. I equate it to my fear of spiders I am petrified of them and feel like if I touched one or they landed on me that I would have a heart attack.

Aceyourface

Hatchling Member
herpgirl2510":1qe423pm said:
My husband enjoys watching and looking at all of my reptiles but he will not so much as put a finger on any of them. I equate it to my fear of spiders I am petrified of them and feel like if I touched one or they landed on me that I would have a heart attack.

Same here except my husband will hold my crestie. But I am the same way with Spiders. *shudders* blech.

Bwalter

Sub-Adult Member
My mom never had a problem when I got Booger. She wouldn't hold her much when she was little but loved to pet her. When I was gone for 5 days my mom took care of her. She didn't clean poop up or give her a bath because she was so little, but fed her good. When I came home I got a carrot for my horse and when I came back into the house my mom had Booger in her hands waiting for me to pick her up. Booger was a lot bigger then when I left. Still today 2 years later she will pick her up and give her cuddles. My mom hasn't seen my rescue girl yet. Everyone will pick up Booger and play with her but not many people pick up Jesse, only because she is scared of people. I have been the only one caring for her in the 6 months I have had her. I am going to see if my daughter can pick her up tomorrow and see if Jesse will let her. I am not sure how she will react to other people. Booger will let anyone pick her up but if I am in the same room, she has her eyes on me the whole time. My granddaughter, who is almost 2 is not sure about my girls yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nhacaiuytinco1
Top Bottom