Why is my beardie always standing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Satches

jessie4698":2ti7nu1p said:
I don't think he's trying to reach the heat lamp or the UVB. I have both of those lights sitting right on top of his enclosure screen. His basking spot on top of his branch is like 4 inches below the heat lamp. His UVB sits right next to the heat lamp.

I have the Reptisun 10.0 UVB and the 100W Repti Basking Spot Lamp. I used to have a heat rock but heard those can burn babies' bellies, so I returned it and got a ceramic heat emitter made for a 40 gallon tank like I have. When his UVB and heat lamp go off at night, the ceramic heat emitter turns on so his enclosure doesn't get too cold. It has a dimmer on it so that I can control how warm it gets. My house temp stays pretty low, at around 63 degrees, so that's why I have the ceramic heat emitter.

His basking spot is where the thermometer says 115. I don't think it's actually 115, as I heard that those stick-on thermometers can be inaccurate. I need to buy a temp gun or a thermometer with a probe to get more accurate temperatures, but I haven't gotten the time to purchase one.

If the temperature is a part of the problem, I will know once I am able to get more accurate readings, but for now I feel like it is warm enough (especially with the CHE) that he isn't trying to reach the lights. I can't really think of any other reason why he always resorts to that spot to stand (and fall asleep!)
My beardie stands on the glass n watches tv
90619-2396177626.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom