Why hellloooo there ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

hicks08

Hey, my name is Stephanie and I kind of got enlisted to take care of my brother's bearded dragon, Lenni (thought she was a boy at first lol).
Anyways, if you have any tips or anything let me know! Cause I have no idea about this whole beardie thing.

018.jpg

<3

CoopersGrandma

Juvie Member
hi and welcome ! still learning myself even with being a beardie grandma , we only had cooper since july , but do know that their are lots of folks that would help you out a lot more then i could , very freindly and helpful and a wonderful place to learn from . just wanted to say hello and welcome

hicks08

Original Poster
yea im hoping some other people will get on here and help me out!!

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hi :wave: and welcome to the forum. We're always glad to help, was there anything in particular that you wanted to discuss? The beardie is adorable, great coloring.

Welcome Stephanie & Lenni! What a beautiful beardie! Just let us know if you have any specific questions... otherwise, just browse around the forums and you'll learn all kinds of stuff! I sure did... I'm always learning something new on this site. (We've had Dexter since August)

hicks08

Original Poster
diamc":9d7f6 said:
Hi :wave: and welcome to the forum. We're always glad to help, was there anything in particular that you wanted to discuss? The beardie is adorable, great coloring.

Hi, nothing in particular... just trying to make Lenni feel more at home here. And yes, shes so pretty. She is shedding... slowly but surely!
The other day I gave her the first bath I've ever given her and she seemed to like it, but then she pooped. lol it was gross.

hicks08

Original Poster
clamentfamily":bad6b said:
Welcome Stephanie & Lenni! What a beautiful beardie! Just let us know if you have any specific questions... otherwise, just browse around the forums and you'll learn all kinds of stuff! I sure did... I'm always learning something new on this site. (We've had Dexter since August)

Thank you :D & yes I have been looking around on this website & it is so helpful!

hicks08

Original Poster
tylerl19":86376 said:
that beardie is so pretty! is that a normal? I hope mine turns out like this!!
I think so... I have no idea actually lol my brother got her at petco :p

I've seen that color morph called "pastel" more technically I think it is either hypo or trans (translucent).... this link describes the difference between hypo & trans... mostly has to do with the color of the eyes and nails. In any event, I agree, she's very pretty.... I'm hoping, If I'm able to get a second beardie, to get a pastel one.
[ Invalid URL Removed / p=686746 t=87841 f=4 ]

Just curious as to how you got "enlisted" to care for your brother's beardie. I can't imagine you put up too much of a fuss.... I know once I saw Dex (my 5 year old's beardie) I didn't mind being enlisted (as mother's usually are). They have a way of instantly capturing your heart, don't they? :love5: :love5:

tylerl19

I am obsessed with how pretty this one is. I want one just like it! he got it at petco you said? are there any pics of it as a baby??

hicks08

Original Poster
clamentfamily":09a0f said:
I've seen that color morph called "pastel" more technically I think it is either hypo or trans (translucent).... this link describes the difference between hypo & trans... mostly has to do with the color of the eyes and nails. In any event, I agree, she's very pretty.... I'm hoping, If I'm able to get a second beardie, to get a pastel one.
[ Invalid URL Removed / p=686746 t=87841 f=4 ]

Just curious as to how you got "enlisted" to care for your brother's beardie. I can't imagine you put up too much of a fuss.... I know once I saw Dex (my 5 year old's beardie) I didn't mind being enlisted (as mother's usually are). They have a way of instantly capturing your heart, don't they? :love5: :love5:

Yea I have no idea what she is!! If anyone can tell me, that would be awesome :D She has brown-ish nails and her eyes are yellow with the black pigment in the middle... and she sometimes (rarely) turns her stripes to dark brown, but she is usually yellow and orange-ish. Lol sorry I'm not that good at explaining so here are more pictures!

016.jpg

019.jpg

020.jpg

021.jpg

023.jpg

So... what kind is she???

& I got enlisted to take care of her cause our mom doesn't really take her out of her cage or anything & I was the one to look up all the info. to take care of her! I fattened her up with crickets :) & yes, she is adorable.

Well, she's not a hypo with the dark nails... is her skin translucent (see through) at all? If so that would make her a translucent (trans) I think. I don't know much on this subject at all, just going by that post... If she's not translucent, she may just be a "pastel"... I haven't come across any posts on the specifics of that morph, I've just seen the lighter ones labeled "pastel" at the pet stores.

Where is your brother?

hicks08

Original Poster
I'm not sure if she's translucent at all or not... I dont THINK so.. but I'm not sure what that would look like in the first place!
But thanks, she is pretty =)

My brother is here! He is 12 though so I looked up more on how to take care of her and everything & I just do a lot of the work but he helps too!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tlpowell718
Top Bottom