Why does my beardie do this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KevinMcG

Original Poster
diamc":19pn442j said:
Let me know how he is after his bath. He may act tired because it is his bedtime but hoping that his eyes perk up a little.

He perked up a little, water was about 80 degrees. When he walked around in his bath it looked like he was trying to roll over onto his bath. I pat dried him a bit and he is not back in his home. I will leave the light on another hour and hopefully he's better in the am.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
He's very weak and being dehydrated can make them off balance. Hope he is better in the morning. Would be a good idea to give him another bath tomorrow. I've always found it helpful to use the inside of my wrist to test the temps, not too cold, not too hot. You could even use your temp gun held 2" away.

I don't remember if we discussed using heat at night. Are you using anything overnight now?

Please be sure to let me know how he is tomorrow and good luck.

KevinMcG

Original Poster
diamc":2vo6p2eg said:
He's very weak and being dehydrated can make them off balance. Hope he is better in the morning. Would be a good idea to give him another bath tomorrow. I've always found it helpful to use the inside of my wrist to test the temps, not too cold, not too hot. You could even use your temp gun held 2" away.

I don't remember if we discussed using heat at night. Are you using anything overnight now?

Please be sure to let me know how he is tomorrow and good luck.

I use a heat lamp(red bulb) on the cooler night and will place it on very low this evening and wil give him another bath in the morning. Hopefully the worst doesn't happen, he doesn't look real good to me right now

IMAG1151_zpsaukf9goa.jpg

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
No, he doesn't look good. Might be a good idea to lay him down on something on the bottom now so he doesn't topple over. Wouldn't want him to flip on his back & not be strong enough to right himself.

Usually we don't recommend colored light at night because it can disturb their sleep. But, I agree that he does need some heating at night to help boost his immune system so what you could do is put the light so that it is shining toward his back rather than in his face, that way it shouldn't affect his sleep. Also, make sure it isn't right over him as they did need it cooler at night. Would be a good idea to order a low wattage ceramic heat emitter that gives off heat but no light so that you have it on hand.

Good idea giving him another bath in the morning. Hope he can be doing better tomorrow.

KevinMcG

Original Poster
diamc":2tx1n4gx said:
No, he doesn't look good. Might be a good idea to lay him down on something on the bottom now so he doesn't topple over. Wouldn't want him to flip on his back & not be strong enough to right himself.

Usually we don't recommend colored light at night because it can disturb their sleep. But, I agree that he does need some heating at night to help boost his immune system so what you could do is put the light so that it is shining toward his back rather than in his face, that way it shouldn't affect his sleep. Also, make sure it isn't right over him as they did need it cooler at night. Would be a good idea to order a low wattage ceramic heat emitter that gives off heat but no light so that you have it on hand.

Good idea giving him another bath in the morning. Hope he can be doing better tomorrow.

I will surely do all those things, thanks again. I placed him down of his log and he crawled into his cool side hide and looks like he is resting.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
You're welcome. Good that he is resting, hopefully he will be doing better tomorrow. Thanks for listening to my suggestions, I always look out for what is best for the beardie and hope I didn't offend you in any way.

KevinMcG

Original Poster
diamc":so0ky4vl said:
You're welcome. Good that he is resting, hopefully he will be doing better tomorrow. Thanks for listening to my suggestions, I always look out for what is best for the beardie and hope I didn't offend you in any way.

In no way offended at all. I welcome all suggestions for the well being of my little guy.

Brezzy99

Sub-Adult Member
I lay my babies on a blanket and fold the blanket (small piece of fleece) over them at night. This keeps them pretty warm. I sure hope your little one is going to be okay.

KevinMcG

Original Poster
Looks a "little" better this morning, instead of giving him a bath I placed a shallow dish with some warm water and placed him into that under close supervision. I don't really want to stress him out more than he is by placing him in another surrounding.

I will head to the store shortly for some chicken/turkey/sweet potato/squash baby food.

IMAG1153_zpsqqnpiahl.jpg

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I was thinking about him. Glad that he is doing a little better. His eyes look nice & wide open in his bath water.

Good that you will be getting some baby food. Did he show any interest in food this morning?

KevinMcG

Original Poster
diamc":3ikh6myp said:
I was thinking about him. Glad that he is doing a little better. His eyes look nice & wide open in his bath water.

Good that it.

u will be getting some baby food. Did he show any interest in food this morning?

No interest as of yet, I did place a little on his nose but haven't witnessed him kicking it off. I will place some more on his nose in a bit
Ended up getting a chicken/sweet potato.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
That baby food will be fine. Since he's so young, use a larger amount of chicken and a smaller amount of sweet potato because he needs the protein from the meat. If he won't lick it off, you can gently pull down on the side of his mouth (lip area) to squirt a small amount of the baby food on the side so that he gets a taste of it. After that, hopefully he will willingly start licking some off his nose. Make sure the mixture isn't too thick or too runny.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I can see the webcam now, good idea. Does he move around at all? Any luck with feeding.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kwe6634ee1
Top Bottom