Who knew I'd become so smitten w/these GIRLS? (Thread/pics)

Status
Not open for further replies.
My son bought our BD, Smaug, on Saturday, and by today, Tuesday, I already adore the little lizard! :love5:

He usually goes to sleep in his "cave", but he seemed restless last night. I turned off his lights and put him in his cave, but he kept coming out and eyeing me up. I decided to scoop him up and take him with me into the living room and hold him while I sat on the sofa and watched TV. I partially covered him with one hand, and he flattened himself against me and fell asleep. So cute! Of course, if I moved, he woke up, but when I got up and put him into his cave, he stayed there and slept until morning.

Here are some pics!

Smaugsleeping2.jpg
[/url][/img]

Smaugsleeping.jpg
[/url][/img]

jenn4turtles

Juvie Member
Original Poster
New Pics!

My neighbor finished sewing Smauggie-girl's little "mattress", complete with blanket. I think she likes it!

This seems comfy!

I can still see you!

Tucking under her blanket for sleep!

jenn4turtles

Juvie Member
Original Poster
I realized that I haven't posted any pics for awhile (but I have definitely been taking them!).

I tried to make her a sweater out of a slipper sock. She was not happy, and eventually wiggled her way out of it, but she looked so cute while it was on!

Get. Me. Outta. Here.

I have more pics but I'm having an issue with getting them on the desktop. I email them to myself, and then save them to desktop, but when I go to upload them to Photobucket, I get a folder with unrelated stuff/pics in it, and not my pic. Hoping to get that fixed soon.

As I mentioned in another post on brumation, she's not eating very much and hasn't for the last week to two weeks. She's down to 7 dubias a day (and that's on a really good day) and rarely eats any of her greens now. Even bought some crickets in the hope that she just wanted a change ... Nope. She's just not being herself and is usually curled up under her tree and falling asleep by the afternoon.

I guess brumation is inevitable, but I already miss her personality.

jenn4turtles

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Some new pics from the holiday. Enjoyed my days at home with my son and my critters. :D

This looks like a warm place to nap.

Dragons don't belong in kitchen ... But neither does my mom, and she's taking the pic.

I think I'm ready for my close-up.

She had a lot of orange over the weekend but the kitchen lights don't show it well.

jenn4turtles

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Yes, she seems to be well. But she's still not eating much and falling asleep early. I'm fairly sure she's contemplating brumation :dontknow: I don't know if she's fighting it, or maybe she's just winding down for it right now, but she's not actually out for the count. We'll see!

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Dundee has been falling asleep earlier too. He's usually out or very sleepy by about 6pm (lights off at around 7:30 now) It's likely just the seasonal change.

jenn4turtles

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Hope everyone had a good New Years! :blob8: I was just happy to be off from work. 8)

Anyway, here are some new pics of my little princess. She's still not eating very much (not sure she's eaten one bite of greens and no roaches either) but she's awake for a good bit of the day, fairly alert, and all about the cuddles! :love5: If we don't take her out repeatedly, she gets mad at us and turns all dark. :roll:

Here's some pics of us from NYE (because what else is there to do but take pics with your pets?):

1st pic: I have a cute little dragon on my shoulder. She makes me smile. :D

2nd pic: I was uploading the 1st pic to Facebook and playing with my phone, with my head bent down (to see the phone in my lap) and she used that opportunity to ... Well, you'll see:

At least one of us was comfy!

Did I mention I just love this little girl??? :love10:

jenn4turtles

Juvie Member
Original Poster
As usual, I got up this morning and turned on the lights in Smauggie's tank. It's miserable weather here today ... The high today will be 50, and it's raining, so it's dark and dreary, a sudden change from the beautiful, warm, sunny weather we had earlier this week.

By the time I left for work (about an hour and a half later), she was still tucked in her bed ...

"... and I am doing quite well here, thank you."

Wish I could've done the same!

jenn4turtles

Juvie Member
Original Poster
We bathed her last Monday, and she went back to sleep, but got up Tuesday morning, like normal. That was the fastest brumation! Maybe the bath woke her up? She hasn't really eaten anything, except a couple of roaches, here and there, no more than 5 or 6 in the past week, and no poops.

For the most part, she just kinda sits around her tank, but I took her out for some window time on Saturday. She seemed happy about that.

Checking out an azalea:

I tried to pick her up after awhile to bring her back to her tank, but jumped off my hand and back into the window:

This whole brumation thing is so confusing! I've read everything I could find about it, but ... Every beardie has to be different, don't they? :roll: And the weather is so inconsistant, so that's probably not helping. One day it's warm and sunny like spring (I actually worked in my gardens for a couple hours yesterday); the next it's overcast and cold like winter (high 51, low 39).

Tonight, she will get bathed and her tank will be cleaned. Maybe tomorrow, she'll be interested in food again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mangomom
Top Bottom