Who here has beat Coccidia!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Valerie

Sub-Adult Member
I hate to intrude on this celebrating talk but if there is any way I could join in. I myself, only drink a couple of times a yr. A bottle of wine lasts me a good while and the last glass usually tastes pretty nasty.LOl

I perfer red wine too.
My bd and I have been battling parasites for I don't know how long. {I could take the time to look at her journal} But it has been what seems like forever. Poor thging, she is only 5 mos old and most of her life or all of it so far has been with parasites of some sort.

I hold my bd but I wish i could take her out more or etc, But I am afraid to stress her out to much or get her away from the heat for to long.
PS I can drink cheap wine but not to cheap. LOL

morphmom

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Welcome Valerie, please do join. :D We must time or 'Cheers to health' somehow. It'll be the "cork heard around the world" LOL! What parasites are yoy fighting and what disinfectant are you using? Maybe together we can crack the parasite code. :D

ynevar

Juvie Member
Valerie,

You are so not interrupting... Come in on, join the pre-party. Oh how I can relate!!!

I don't drink much because of my medication. In fact it's more like once a year if that. But if these guys get a clean bill of health I'll have a glass to celebrate!

Marcy

morphmom

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
ynevar":28r6d53m said:
I don't drink much because of my medication.
I'm sorry to hear that. The truth is, that I liked the bottle a little too much as a teenager (The magic, take away my troubles, drink) and I knew I could do better for myself. Once I found out I was expecting, I changed my whole life and moved 4 hours south for a clean slate. Myah is my snuggle buddy now as my daughter is at an age where she wants/needs to socialize. A mom is just always a mom and Myah fills the time when my daughter is building those skills and connections. :D

ynevar

Juvie Member
Good for you for changing your life!!! Well done...

My beardies are my new little babies. My babies are all taller than I am now. All teenagers, great kids and busy.

Marcy

morphmom

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
ynevar":23iu11c1 said:
Good for you for changing your life!!! Well done...

My beardies are my new little babies. My babies are all taller than I am now. All teenagers, great kids and busy.

Marcy

One day I hope to have two :D I've actually considered a tortoise, a rescue. (So I wouldn't have to 'will' he/she to someone! LOL!) :lol: I'm always a little jealous of people with more then one bearded babies. :oops: They really are like potato chips! :D

morphmom

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
LOL! :lol: You're not going to believe this! A very good friend of mine, whom I met on this site, JUST posted pics of her new baby! :blob5: Talk about having 'the green eyed monster' tap on your shoulder! And he/she is beautiful! Just striking! :D Next year darn it! Next year I bring home a baby! LOL! :lol: (Tonja, and her babies Geico & now Em :D )

ynevar

Juvie Member
I think I need to have a long while free of pinworms, coccidia... to feel the urge for a baby yet.. LOL

Ummm that's not true. I'd take one. HAAHHA

Valerie

Sub-Adult Member
I am the fourth one who chimed in when this post started. We got rid of the coccida but now I am dealing with giardia going on the 5th dose now.GGRRR

When I held and fed sunshine today, i asked her if she would like to join in the celebration. She stuck out her tongue. I am not sure what she is saying but I figure we could try some grapes.

morphmom

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Valerie":260u861d said:
I am the fourth one who chimed in when this post started. We got rid of the coccida but now I am dealing with giardia going on the 5th dose now.GGRRR

When I held and fed sunshine today, i asked her if she would like to join in the celebration. She stuck out her tongue. I am not sure what she is saying but I figure we could try some grapes.

I think grapes are a great idea! They're under the Feed occasionally category so I think it'd be a nice treat. :D Please educate me though,is giardia a parasite? I don't think I've heard of it.

*Edit* Have heard, do not know what it is.

ynevar

Juvie Member
Giardia is a parasite, it is a very tiny one and very hard to detect from what the parasite identification chart on Rio Reptiles says.

http://www.rioreptiles.com/tutorials/parasites/ParasiteIdentification.pdf

It's the last one there, that view is at 1000x! So they are small. People can get Giardia too and it most often is found in contaminated water or by direct contact (with feces)

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/giardia-infection/DS00739/DSECTION=symptoms

Hope it helps...

We can celebrate with a fruit and cheese platter too just as well.

morphmom

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
ynevar":e8u24ybd said:
Giardia is a parasite, it is a very tiny one and very hard to detect from what the parasite identification chart on Rio Reptiles says.
Thank you for the info. I like to keep up with things for the just in case :study:
ynevar":e8u24ybd said:
We can celebrate with a fruit and cheese platter too just as well.
Well! If you insist! :mrgreen: Merlot and brie. Ah… the good life…

ynevar

Juvie Member
SO... pinworms are GONE.......

I can't stand it I am so happy! NOT ONE PINWORM... YEAH!!! Panacur how I love thee!

WOOT!

morphmom

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
:blob5: Oh my gosh!!! :blob5: Good for you! Parasite free, wow! :D I find out at the end of this week. Wish me luck :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivannam17
Top Bottom