White mold on egg

Argam1998

One of my eggs started to deflate I raised the humidity it plumped back up but today I noticed it’s covered in mold. When I checked with the light it didn’t look good so I decided to freeze it and throw it out. Will my other eggs in the same container get contaminated? If I notice more white mold what should I do ? I don’t have a humidity gauge in the container it doesn’t seem too humid because I followed the correct steps on preparing the vermiculite. This is my second time breeding any help would be nice thank you

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
One of my eggs started to deflate I raised the humidity it plumped back up but today I noticed it’s covered in mold. When I checked with the light it didn’t look good so I decided to freeze it and throw it out. Will my other eggs in the same container get contaminated? If I notice more white mold what should I do ? I don’t have a humidity gauge in the container it doesn’t seem too humid because I followed the correct steps on preparing the vermiculite. This is my second time breeding any help would be nice thank you
We need AHBD to respond to this
@AHBD

Argam1998

Original Poster
My temps are at 83.7 . I don’t see any mold on the other eggs but they don’t looks so pearly white

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    150.5 KB · Views: 61
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    189.8 KB · Views: 56
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    275.6 KB · Views: 54

Argam1998

Original Poster
If I notice more white mold appearing on the other eggs what steps can I take to kill off the mold without damaging the eggs ?

Argam1998

Original Poster

Attachments

• 34C3C25B-316C-41D9-9124-5C066210ADFC.jpg
    34C3C25B-316C-41D9-9124-5C066210ADFC.jpg
    140.5 KB · Views: 50
  • 7A25C0DA-D0DA-4F1C-A3AE-BD9B79ED9AED.jpg
    7A25C0DA-D0DA-4F1C-A3AE-BD9B79ED9AED.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 50
  • 7E5B024E-B727-40C1-88E0-EE6EF9465C12.jpg
    7E5B024E-B727-40C1-88E0-EE6EF9465C12.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 46

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Those look good, when were they laid and do you have holes in the lids ? Make sure there isn't TOO much water in the vermiculite . Did you cut the moldy egg open to be sure it was fertile ? They are more likely to get moldy if they're not fertile or if for some reason the baby dies in the egg.

Argam1998

Original Poster
Those look good, when were they laid and do you have holes in the lids ? Make sure there isn't TOO much water in the vermiculite . Did you cut the moldy egg open to be sure it was fertile ? They are more likely to get moldy if they're not fertile or if for some reason the baby dies in the egg.
They were layed on the 19th. I didn’t cut the egg I probably should have. I checked with the light and the blood vessels looked all over the place it was the circle of life iam used to seeing. When I cut them open what should be expecting to see if it is was fertile ? My vermiculite is damn enough we’re you squeeze it a few drops come out. I did this method with my first ever clutch and it worked

Argam1998

Original Poster
They were layed on the 19th. I didn’t cut the egg I probably should have. I checked with the light and the blood vessels looked all over the place it was the circle of life iam used to seeing. When I cut them open what should be expecting to see if it is was fertile ? My vermiculite is damn enough we’re you squeeze it a few drops come out. I did this method with my first ever clutch and it worked
Wasn’t *** damp**

Argam1998

Original Poster
The container do have a single hole on the container. Should I have multiple? Wouldn’t that dry out the container ?

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
No, it's good to have multiple holes in the lid. That being said it's not definite what caused the one egg to mold.

Argam1998

Original Poster
No, it's good to have multiple holes in the lid. That being said it's not definite what caused the one egg to mold.
Thank you ! I’ll keep checking on them to see if I notice anything els out of ordinary. Anyway I can reach you directly for more questions?

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lunalane827
Top Bottom