Which worms for young Beardies?

Status
Not open for further replies.
JW what worms are acceptable/recommended to feed younger beardies. Mine, Izaac, is about 7" and I don't want to feed him something inappropriate. I almost bought wax worms today but they looked too big (according to the width between the eyes rule). And I have read too many negative aspects concerning mealworms so I will avoid them all together. So what worms are safe at this stage? Thanks!

BabySmaug

I was recommended phoenix worms and told they are good for young beardies. Smaug is only 6.5inches so he's on tiny crickets and phoenix worms.

KINGSAME

Hatchling Member
My NESHA is about 4 months old and she had Phoenix worms for the first time this week and eats about 35 a day. She loves them. As soon as she sees me with the black tub they come in she comes down off her basking rock and stands at the glass at attention. Plus very easy to keep.

amylee159

Gray-bearded Member
Phoenix worms are great! But I would suggest also adding in another feeder along with them since they are so tiny!!

NegativeCreep

Sub-Adult Member
I swear by the phoenix worms. My little girl doesn't have a big appetite, so if she will eat them with such gusto, I will keep providing them. In fact, I just realized that I don't have enough to get through the rest of the week... I placed an order with phoenixworm.com; hopefully they will get here before the end of the week.

We have plenty of crix, but she doesn't like them as much as the pws.

Oh wow, I was just coming to post the same question. I did the same exact thing today. I bought a few wax worms and when I got home to open them I was suprised at the size of them. :shock:

I kinda sifted through a found a few smaller ones and mixed them in with his (Justin Bobby of course) greens and he recognized the greens, but not the wiggly things moving around. After a few confused stares at me and back at the bowl, he chomped down on two of the four I placed in the bowl and ate his greens (which was my intention). It was cute watching him. I know they are high in fat but good in moderation, so I plan on continuing his crickets and just added a few waxworms to his salads a once or twice a week.

phoenix worms though, I hear are a favorite among a lot of bearded dragons...hmmm I'll have to check out where you ordered yours.

Have I ever mentioned how much I love this forum? lol because I do :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
syddersspams
Top Bottom