Which feeders do you suggest?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys, I have so many questions.
I need advice. I have a bearded dragon who is around 10-11 months old. I started by feeding him some Dubias, and then I switched to crickets when they got expensive. I fed him those for several months, but they were so messy and such a pain to take care of and feed him. Recently, I read about BSFL or Phoenix worms, and I have given them a try. He seems to love him, but he is pretty big and I’m unsure about how many to feed him. I also read on another post that the BSFL may be too small for him unless I feed A LOT each day.

I’m wondering if I should try starting a Dubia colony or continue with the BSFL? Which is easier to maintain and maybe will cost me less in the long run?

Also, if I stick with the BSFL, how much calcium or multivitamin powder should I be giving him?

Finally, do I need to give a variety of feeders? I read that somewhere also. I just keep reading various things, and I’m not sure which information is most correct.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hi there,

I think the best you can do is offer a variety.

You should look into starting your own dubia colony so you didn't need to worry about their cost.

You can do the bsfl, and a mix of other bugs. Crickets, butterworms, silkworms, hornworms, mealworms, superworms, etc. All good choices as part of a varied diet.

Typically I try to give my crew at least 2-3 different insects per day. I aim for 4 though when I can.

-Brandon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nhacaiuytinco1
Top Bottom