Where's Evie?

Status
Not open for further replies.

utahraptr

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Thank you for all the comments and compliments!!! :D

Goonie":c2f8b said:
nd funnier everyday. I love reading and looking at pics of her silly adventures.
How long did it take Evie to climb that tree?

It takes her about a minute or so to get to the top. But much longer to "plan" - she sits on the couch or floor staring at the tree and I can just imagine the little gears turning in her head as she plans her route to the top of the tree. She uses everything she can grab to get to the top, tree, branches, ornaments, and lights. If she's sitting on the couch, she'll leap right into the tree and go up. When she's on the floor, it's harder due to the vertical jump and she has to try a couple of times to get a good, secure branch to start climbing. But once she's in, she goes right for the top.

th1nkabout1t":c2f8b said:
Aww! We are putting up our tree Saturday and knowing Ike I'm sure he'll do the same.

Did you know she was climbing the tree?

Yep, she climbed the tree last year too. Scared us the very first time, as we set her down on the floor, went to eat, and then she was gone. We spent a while searching the apartment for her, tree included. And then my fiance spotted her on one of the outer branches mid-way up the tree just lounging. After that she was in the tree every night. When we got the one this year, I made sure it was tall (it's taller than her viv is - that's 5 feet). So she prefers the tree to anything else and as soon as she's out of her viv, she wants to go in the tree.

puppytoes72":c2f8b said:
She is so cute! :D I couldnt find her in the first pic,but the 2nd one was easy :mrgreen:

The first one is hard - if you look at the very top of the star, her head is just sticking over it
Ethelia":c2f8b said:
Good lord.
You should start calling her Indianna Evie!

Evie is actually her nickname, her full name is Everest. We were debating on a name for her back when we first got her, and decided on Everest because her goal is to climb to the highest point in the apartment. She has now managed to do that, with the tree this year :D

utahraptr

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Some more pics for everyone!

Here's a couple Jason took the first night the tree was up

DSCF2068.jpg

DSCF2067.jpg

And here are two from the other night, after we took down the star. We now have Evie decorating the top of our tree

DSCF2077.jpg

DSCF2073.jpg

puppytoes72

BD.org Sicko
That is just too cute!! She looks so proud of herself :mrgreen:
Who knew that she would live up to the name "Everest" as much as she does? :shock:

atreyu917

Juvie Member
I'm going to steal her one day :) haha. Just kidding.

But man I think she is just the sweetest looking little lizard :mrgreen:

utahraptr

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
dolcedragon":e2b2d said:
She's got personality.
Do you think frills are as affectionate as beardies?
I think they're beautiful.

I'm not sure if Evie is more affectionate than a beardie. Merlin loves to cuddle and be pet, and she'll give the evil glare if we're petting her and then stop petting. And Merlin will snuggle any time of year, whether it's hot or cold out.

Evie enjoys being pet and she does snuggle, but in summer she'd rather run around than sit on my lap and get pet. And she prefers my head or shoulder to sleeping in my lap - the higher up, the better. She is a lot more affectionate in winter, and the last few weeks she has been sleeping up on my shoulder, snuggling her head in my neck. She also enjoys being pet more when she's shedding - I think it's due to the itchy shed. She'll sit there and turn her head, enjoy the petting.

puppytoes72

BD.org Sicko
She is so sweet :D Can you please post a pic of her with her frill showing? Also I was wondering...does she run using only her back legs?
Keep the pics coming! :mrgreen:

th1nkabout1t

Hatchling Member
well, looks like Ike likes the tree too. not even 5 minutes after we put the tree up and decorated it he jumped in in the tree from the couch. It took both me and my fiance to get him out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miss_michelle421
Top Bottom