Where'd you get your beardies name?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nesta's mommy

Sub-Adult Member
nesta is named after robert nesta marley aka bob marley the famous reggae star. as he's my favorite of all time and i love to listen to him!

oddly, nesta seems to be a very chill beardie, not moving much and just loves to hang out all the time.. so the name fits!

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Sweetie started life as a boy named Buddy. The vet told us she was female, and she was a cuddler and very sweet, never bit even if we had food on our finger, so she became Sweetiepie, or Sweetie for short. Then several other people who owned beardies said she had a big head, so must be male. She still stayed Sweetie 'cause by then that was her name. When she was two she laid eggs, so that solved that issue!! for good!! :blob5: :blob8: :blob5:

atreyu917":1e6d2 said:
Where are the mt baker mountains?? They are beautiful, just like little Komo!

And the reason you named Plato, Plato cracked me up. Dave does the exact same thing. So cute.

Mt. Baker is in the Pacific Northwest in Washington State. Right up near the Canadian border, Mt. Baker is part of the Cascade mountain range. Little Komo is growing like a weed!!! hard to believe how fast they grow.

atreyu917

Juvie Member
Original Poster
lostapiarist":e48f8 said:
Little Komo is growing like a weed!!! hard to believe how fast they grow.

I know!! It's insane. Yoshi has probably grown an inch at least in the month I have had her!!! I can't wait for her to be a big tubby adult dragon, but I love having a baby one around again.

Kelsey

I know! It's amazing, he seems to grow overnight.
We got Komo on the 5th of July and he was just 4 inches.. now he is over 6! When we went on vacation for 7 days we came back, and grew over half an inch!

atreyu917, I'm not sure which of your dragon's is on your signature, but I love the picture! he looks adorable :mrgreen:

atreyu917

Juvie Member
Original Poster
lostapiarist":a6d96 said:
I know! It's amazing, he seems to grow overnight.
We got Komo on the 5th of July and he was just 4 inches.. now he is over 6! When we went on vacation for 7 days we came back, and grew over half an inch!

atreyu917, I'm not sure which of your dragon's is on your signature, but I love the picture! he looks adorable :mrgreen:

wow I think I got my Yoshi July 28th and she was about 7 inches, now she is about 9 i think. I went on vacation at the beginning of August for a week too and I came back and she was noticeably bigger! Made me somewhat sad because i felt like i missed out. haha.

And that's Dave. He is what started my beardie madness. Yoshi will have a picture up there soon, I just need to find a good and clear picture of her that I really like. I'm trying to get one of her smiling too, but my camera isnt that great so it seems like they all want to be blurry. Even with the flash on!

wildrose9000ft

Hatchling Member
when I got Dusky, he was a little hatchling. He was dark gray on his back, light gray everwhere else, with a white tummy. I knew lots of people called theirs Dusty, and I wanted something original, so he became Dusky.

secretasianman

Well I do this type of family outing thing every summer where we would go and camp out in Vermont. Anyways, this past summer we didn't go due to a death in the family of the property owners. Any-who i'm trailing off, the previous times that we had gone there was this Mexican guy named Jack and if we needed lumber for anything, this guy could climb a tree in a heartbeat and i'm not talking about little maples, i'm talking about the huge evergreens. So when I got my little infant beardie, i realized that he loved to climb the branches that I put in there for him, thus I named him Jack. P.S.--My name is Kevin.

atreyu917

Juvie Member
Original Poster
secretasianman":2218c said:
Well I do this type of family outing thing every summer where we would go and camp out in Vermont. Anyways, this past summer we didn't go due to a death in the family of the property owners. Any-who i'm trailing off, the previous times that we had gone there was this Mexican guy named Jack and if we needed lumber for anything, this guy could climb a tree in a heartbeat and i'm not talking about little maples, i'm talking about the huge evergreens. So when I got my little infant beardie, i realized that he loved to climb the branches that I put in there for him, thus I named him Jack. P.S.--My name is Kevin.

haha thats cute!

Mommy of Sunny

Juvie Member
Wow, all these exciting, interesting stories on where you got the names.

Ours is rather boring. My stepson said, he really loves to sit in the sun...so...SUNNY!!!

No exciting story here. :wink:

dragondebs

Juvie Member
well merlin is merlin because i'm a huge fan of anything to do with magic. elliott was elliott from petes dragon. and he was caroonishly funny, alyx means "defender of mankind" because i think we need more protection.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoseofChaos
Top Bottom