Where'd you get your beardies name?

Status
Not open for further replies.

atreyu917

Juvie Member
Original Poster
laboyett":5a7d4 said:
mine's name is Hagrid. In the Harry Potter movies, there is this HUGE man named Hagrid and he has a realllllly big beard. so you can imagine why i named my BEARDED dragon after that. My two other friends named theirs Aslan and Haku! Aslan is a lion's name and Haku is some type of poem i think :)

Haiku is the poem thing! Hagrid is a pretty creative name. Love the movies :)

lizardgrrl

Sub-Adult Member
laboyett":50e31 said:
mine's name is Hagrid. In the Harry Potter movies, there is this HUGE man named Hagrid and he has a realllllly big beard. so you can imagine why i named my BEARDED dragon after that. My two other friends named theirs Aslan and Haku! Aslan is a lion's name and Haku is some type of poem i think :)

I like both Aslan and Haiku, but I have to agree that Hagrid is a special name, very appropriate. Hagrid was in charge of teaching about magical creatures, and did raise a dragon from an egg, too. :D

atreyu917

Juvie Member
Original Poster
lizardgrrl":886de said:
laboyett":886de said:

I like both Aslan and Haiku, but I have to agree that Hagrid is a special name, very appropriate. Hagrid was in charge of teaching about magical creatures, and did raise a dragon from an egg, too. :D

Oh yeah! He did! So no matter what angle you look at it, that name fits a beardie perfectly!!!

OggysMom

My Beardie's name is Oggy... It is short for Unagi! :D

I have a thing for Sushi so I have decided to associate some of my pets names with my favorite foooood. I also have a cat named Sushi and a Betta named Sashimi! :D

atreyu917

Juvie Member
Original Poster
OggysMom":33c3e said:
My Beardie's name is Oggy... It is short for Unagi! :D

I have a thing for Sushi so I have decided to associate some of my pets names with my favorite foooood. I also have a cat named Sushi and a Betta named Sashimi! :D

That's adorable. My boyfriend loves Unagi. I'm not a huge sushi fan but I actually dont mind eel!

sunkist

Sub-Adult Member
I helped someone get a job with my department and he gave me a $100 gift card (long time employee that was getting ready to have to be unemployed - landed him in the PERFECT spot) anyway... my Lindy is named after him because it was just the reason to go get a dragon!!! :D

bocephusowner

atreyu917":21913 said:
I'm just curious! It took me forever to name my second one!
Dave's name came about because i already had a beardie named Darwin and almost all my animals are named after people's names (and i wanted to stick with "D" for my dragons) so I named him Dave.
Then I broke the tradition with Yoshi. haha. She just looked like a Yoshi and I love anything Mario so it just stuck. At first i wasnt so sure cause i was like "well yoshi is a boy!" Then my boyfriend brought to my attention that Yoshi laid eggs in the game...haha. so..she's a girl.

ANYWAYS, what's your beardies names and where did you get it from?

I got my BD name from Hank Williams Jr.s nickname...Bocephus

wigglesworth

Juvie Member
Naming can be really difficult, we've never know the sex of our babies when picking a name (and still don't with our snake, really must have her sexed) but i think we've done ok so far

Me and my other half couldn't agree on any names the two of us came up with for our beardie, i wanted to call 'it' Gorbash after a dragon in the cartoon film 'A Flight of Dragons' so searched for lots of random unusual names and Wigglesworth just stood out, it now gets shorttened to Wiggles more often than not and he sometimes gets called squiggle. It suits him down to the ground

Yoshi was named by my other half after the mario character and while i normally prefer more unusual names I couldn't think of any real objections. It seems to suit her now she also gets called 'little miss' and only very recently princess podge, only by me the other half may tell me off, she is a spoilt fat little gecko i keep telling people i gona put her on a diet

Noodle well, me and the other half wrote down ideas for names and while generally looking for ideas i came across pets named after foods and i thought of Noodles. My mum is a little scared of snakes but who could ever be scared of a snake named Noodle? and with that conclusion we found our name. We don't currently know Noodle's sex so she(?) hasn't got any nick names yet (unless you count Noodly) and she's been the most reculsive of the 3 because we moved her into bigger quarters a bit too soon

on my desktop i have a crested gecko pic named Fizz, which is my stand in until we can afford to get cresties, not sure if will keep the name

we are going to get Yoshi a male friend and the name Yoda occured to me just today
hmmm yoshi & yoda???

atreyu917

Juvie Member
Original Poster
wigglesworth":03edb said:
on my desktop i have a crested gecko pic named Fizz, which is my stand in until we can afford to get cresties, not sure if will keep the name

we are going to get Yoshi a male friend and the name Yoda occured to me just today
hmmm yoshi & yoda???

awwww I love cresties. we have a couple young ones at work and there is this one (I think female) who is bright red when fired up. Absolutely gorgeous.

I think Yoda would be cute for the other GDG! How do you tell the difference between a male and female? I know very little about those!

And what kind of snake is noodle?

Kelsey

wigglesworth

Juvie Member
Noodle is a cornsnake

it can be difficult to sex day geckos, males have obvious and prominent femoral and preanal pores where as the females are insignificant, on females you can just distinguish a line along the inside of the legs, females also have mineral stores at the side of the neck commonly known as calcium or chalk sacs (can't remember the proper name) but they are not always easy to see.

For a while i suspected that Yoshi was a girl, but with her being our first I wasn't sure and I've never seen a males femoral pores (kind of difficult to see that area unless like yoshi they regularly climb on the glass) however when she was 11 months old the little star laid an egg to confirm my suspicions

FJM

Hatchling Member
Well, i suck at naming pets, i really do. When i got my beardie back in March i started a facebook group and let my friends name him. The best suggestion was Malys (pronounced Malice) after a dragon's name from a series of books. The full name is Malystrix, which i only use when he gets in trouble :D

My cat's name is Minx...my mom named her...she's a manx and also looks like a lynx, so a combination. My aquatic frogs are Gnash, Chunk, Scurry, Superman, Mighty Mouse, and 3 nameless as i can't tell them apart anymore anyway.

NegativeCreep, my brother recently gave up his red-tailed boa, named Mitch...coincidence or are you NS? (he didn't name it :oops: )

oliversbuddy

When I was 3 Oliver & Company came out in theaters, then after that it didn't come out on video for like about 10 years, and I was obsessed, most three year olds wouldn't remember something like that but i told everyone it was my favorite movie and got the sound track and it was.

So when i got my orange and red beardie, who was a little smallish at first, he reminded me of the tiny animated kitten who stole my heart from early childhood! Plus i like to sing him the song from the movie. "You and me together, will be. Forever, you'll see. We'll always be good company, you and me, just wait and see."

I know, I'm cheezy

atreyu917

Juvie Member
Original Poster
oliversbuddy":22061 said:
When I was 3 Oliver & Company came out in theaters, then after that it didn't come out on video for like about 10 years, and I was obsessed, most three year olds wouldn't remember something like that but i told everyone it was my favorite movie and got the sound track and it was.

So when i got my orange and red beardie, who was a little smallish at first, he reminded me of the tiny animated kitten who stole my heart from early childhood! Plus i like to sing him the song from the movie. "You and me together, will be. Forever, you'll see. We'll always be good company, you and me, just wait and see."

I know, I'm cheezy

So, that's the cutest story I have ever heard. I use to love that movie too. I'm 21 and when I was little I would watch it at least once a week. ahhh. I wanna go watch it now like a lame-o.

oliversbuddy

Haha yeah I'm 22, I'd love to watch it now too bad I'm at work ugh and I don't have it at my apartment (of course my parents bought it for me as soon as it came out, but it's for the family and anything i shared with my sisters stayed at the house when i left).

I'm not sure he remembers his name is oliver anymore, though, because I always call him by his nicknames, "stinkerpus" or "bubbah" (u doesn't sound like in bubba-gump shrimp but more like in 'book')

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lea K
Top Bottom