Where to buy cheap large pieces of Styrofoam?

Status
Not open for further replies.

w0554096

Juvie Member
Ah, that's a problem then. Lol.
They have to have a similar product in the states..I wonder if you could use that pink styrefoam insulation stuff? I'm sure I've seen some people use that.
Were are Americans getting their styrefoam for their rock structures?!

On a side note, I once saw a post about someone who got their styrefoam at a UPS store. Not sure where they were located, and this was awhile back, but they either got it free or cheap. You could give them a call and see.
Maybe it's something like getting cardbord boxes from grocery stores when you're moving...They're happy to have someone take it away. Probably wishful thinking.

Anyways, good luck!

NatashaDawn

Hatchling Member
Haha I could always go up to all the local stores and see if they have any styrofoam to throw out. Thats a good idea. I did see some Polyiso at homedepot last week that looks like laminated styrofoam and it wasn't very expensive like $10 for an 8'x4' piece, but I don't know if it would work the same at soaking up the grout since it has the laminate, or if that would even matter. lol

w0554096

Juvie Member
So I tried googling where people get their DIY styrefoam in USA, and I keep getting home depot and lowes. Apparently it CAN be hit or miss with them, as you well know, but I also saw that the pink styrefoam sheets are commonly used. Did they have those at your home depot?
They shouldn't be too much more than the white sheets, as I believe the white sheets are actually derived from the pink sheets. Did that make sence?
I may of course be confusing everything, as I've been reading about all sorts of Poly's for the last 15 minutes. I think it's safe to say I will never go into the insulation business.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
J.sobrero
Top Bottom