Where is the strangest place you've ever taken your beardie?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sara24354

Sub-Adult Member
No it will not help them be still,or at least it never did mine,but with a leash,yuo run less risk of losing your dragon. If it gets spooked it could run under furniture and then crawl until it was very well hidden and you couldn't find it or if outside they can get away very fast and possibly you would never find them. If you use a leash,if they run under furniture the leash will trail after them and you can tell in which direction they ran and if long enough will be able to show you exactly which piece of furniture the beardie is under. Most leashes I have seen are nylon cords with a loop at one end to slip on your wrist this way even if your beardie jumps,you have a hold on him and can grab him in your hands before it gets away.

Jake583

The thing Im afrad of is him jumping and hurting himself or him choking him self by running away or trying to jump. what should I do to keep that from happening? :?

sara24354

Sub-Adult Member
I'm not sure what to tell you on that part. I always keep my hand on my beardie,which ever is on my shoulder,unless I am at home. I have never had any problems with mine trying to jump. If I have them out I walk with my beardie on my shoulder and my hand on his/her back. I have 2 dragons 1 female,1 male,that's why I say his/slash hers,depending on who I have with me.

Jake583

Wait so when you have your beardie on your sholder you keep your hand(s) on him? how dont you get sore :?

sara24354

Sub-Adult Member
I don't get sore because I switch hands and do different things and then someone always wants to hold her. I only tske her places where I know someone or when I have my son with me to help.I have some health problems and my dragons help my keep moving when I just want to crawl up in bed,I hurt alot but for them I keep moving,so they are very much my therapy.If I'm going to be gone to Doctors or somewhere like that or if weather is cold they say home,but as I said are a great reason to get up moving when all I want to do is curl up in bed.

Jake583

That is the sweetest thing I have ever heard! Its just 1 more good thing that beardies do for us! and there all ready alot of things they do! :mrgreen:

sara24354

Sub-Adult Member
sara24354":963f3 said:
I don't get sore because I switch hands and do different things and then someone always wants to hold her. I only tske her places where I know someone or when I have my son with me to help.I have some health problems and my dragons help my keep moving when I just want to crawl up in bed,I hurt alot but for them I keep moving,so they are very much my therapy.If I'm going to be gone to Doctors or somewhere like that or if weather is cold they say home,but as I said are a great reason to get up moving when all I want to do is curl up in bed.
My son Timmy and my dragons are what keeps me going. Timmy is 9 years old and love his mommy and my dragons are darlings.

TwistedCrayon

Sub-Adult Member
There really isn't a place Grim can't go and hasn't been. Wal-mart, target, grocery store, pet store, etc. He's even been in a triple A tow truck when our car broke down a few months back.

Brooks got to go on her first outting with us Monday. She went to the health department so I could get some vaccines for school. School, grocery store, costco, SAMs club, and the pet store. She's 9in and was very well behaved (minus her trying to get out of my shirt sleeve at the county health dept, I think she could sense I was not happy with the five shots they were giving me.

junepath

I should probably take a moment to point out that while he did go with us to the tourist locations, we didn't take him near the beach. I was just a little too worried that he'd catch something from the sand. And the photo of him on my husbands arm is sort of camera angle trick, he wasn't nearly that close to the ledge. I wouldn't let that happen!

dechainechel

Hatchling Member
I live in MN, so we can only have our beardies outside about three months out of the year!! :angry5: I've taken Phoenix to the pet store, and on many car rides, she loves to sit on my shoulder and look out the window! I was in the hospitol for the last three months due to the swine flu and bad asthma, and I was kept in a medically induced comma for 2 weeks. The first thing I asked my boyfriend, after I woke-up, was are my babies okay? He laughed knowing I was talking about our beardies! I was super depressed about not being able to see them, so my boyfriend surprised me by smuggling both of them into the hospitol to see their mommy :blob5: :blob8: !
I was so happy I cried! A week later I was transfered to a rehab center, and was a resident there for about 2 months. During that time my beardies were my favorite regular visitors! The staff loved them, and my boyfriend was forced to bring them around to other patients rooms, to show them off!!! He came back and told me that every single person had asked him if they were iguanas :roll: !

PuffPuff11

Hatchling Member
Puff has gone to the petstore... but he always gets anxious and wants down, doesn't want to hold still.
I have taken him to the park to bask when his UV was out while my fiancee flew his RC airplane, when the airplane would come to land Puff would lay flat on the ground like it was a big bird coming to get him.
I have also taken him through the Chinese drive through... the lady says "is that real" and I'm like "yeah"... the next thing I know everyone that works in the restaurant is looking out the drive through window!

My babies went with me to pick up a togo order of sushi! ^^ They didn't get out of the car though it was way to cold but someone was looking in my car when i was walking back. I asked if they needed something and after they verified it was my car they were like... "You know there's to hideous lizards in your car?!" I love messing with people(plus she called my babies hideous!!) so i replied "Oh why yes mam! They are great little things, and once they get really comfy around you, they'll start talking to you! Oh and by the way, They don't like you." Then smiled got in my car kissed my beardie and drove off lmao.

But for those of you worried about taking them somewhere that you'll get kicked out, Just remember the only thing they can do is ask you to leave! :)

RolandKyramere

Sub-Adult Member
I took Oz into my Geography 104 class, and the entire class loved him cuz they ended up getting a really easy question on the final about bearded dragons (my professor stated on the review sheet "Guest critter visits class" lol) I'm planning on taking Kana around to the schools as a service learning project, we have to do 30 hours before we are allowed to graduate. Should be fun, when I was teaching at my summer job all of my students begged for me to bring Oz in!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chriziz
Top Bottom