Where is a good place to buy superworms?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KairaandTaz08

Juvie Member
Hi,
I'm wanting to buy smaller superworms, however the only place I can find that sells them is BigAppleHerp and I've never bought anything from them (feeders or otherwise)...has anyone had any luck or bad experiences with them?
Or does anyone know of another place that sells smaller supers...not mealworms (I know the difference :wink: )? They are for a dragon (dragons...trying to find a different feeder to interest a difficult eater...I know about the other worms & have tried just about all of them, these are the ones I'd like to try though) over 6 months old and over 16", just an FYI :D . I just want to start small and than try the larger ones (the "standard" 2"+ ones).
One more question...what's up with hornworms lately? Does anyone know?
Abi

diggerdrake

Juvie Member
I got 1000 for about $30 from lllreptile came packaged well and lively ut most were 1-1/2 or bigger. At 16" your dragon can eat the larger ones but you may want to start off with a few a day to see if they have a problem digesting them. Another resource for finding feeders is http://www.feedersinc.com/shoppin/united-states/worms/ this is the worm page but the whole site has some good info about most feeders.

KairaandTaz08

Juvie Member
Original Poster
diggerdrake":26ee9 said:
I got 1000 for about $30 from lllreptile came packaged well and lively ut most were 1-1/2 or bigger. At 16" your dragon can eat the larger ones but you may want to start off with a few a day to see if they have a problem digesting them. Another resource for finding feeders is http://www.feedersinc.com/shoppin/united-states/worms/ this is the worm page but the whole site has some good info about most feeders.
Thanks for responding. :D
So, lllreptile's were a little bit smaller than most?
Kaira's over 17" and Taz is over 20", I'm not concerned about their sizes or ages...they've both been able to eat them for almost 3 months. My concern is with Kaira...she's not eating well (she'll eat a few crickets here and there) and it's not related to her age or anything else (she hasn't been feeling well). Anyways, Taz is already eating the larger supers and I have aliens (beetles due very soon) that I intend on breeding. My problem is finding the smaller ones (until I can get mine going), to "try" to feed Kaira. She is semi-interested in the larger ones, but I'm worried that after her not eating normally, she will have a lot of trouble digesting a large one (she's never had one before in the first place).
I searched that site already...that's how I found BigAppleHerp.
I bought the larger ones we have now online and wasn't too impressed with a different company, so I was one, looking for smaller worms and two, looking for a better place in general to buy them next time...pet store's worms looked better than the place I did order from :banghead: .
Thanks,
Abi

KairaandTaz08

Juvie Member
Original Poster
cjdickey":ff9e9 said:
You could try either http://www.mulberryfarms.com or http://www.gretalakeshornworms.com . Both are moderately priced and have a dependable and friendly reputation.

Christy
Hi Christy,
Thanks for the response...were you speaking of the hornworm question I mentioned or supers, though? Greatlakeshornworms just started selling supers, correct? I've just never bought any feeders from them either. :oops: Has anyone tried their supers yet?
I've had a few "issues" with Mulberry, though I do agree they have good prices and are pretty nice people. I wouldn't order anything but hornworms from them, though...just from my own experiences.
I'm a picky beardie mommy :? ...I need to know that they are selling me healthy feeders for my babies :wink: .
Thanks...I will look into Greatlakeshornworms (possibly for some hornworms and see about supers),
Abi

cjdickey

Juvie Member
I know what you mean about being a picky mommy!! lol... I have only ordered phoenix, butters and horns from mulberry. I havent tried great lakes, but I will be ordering from them on fri. If you are waiting, I can let you know how mine turn out. I have 2 6 month old girls that LOVE supers so I have decided to make that the main staple b/c they are full of calcium and protien along with other vit. I dont usually get the real big ones either, but i get them from a local petstore who has the smaller ones. I just want to buy in bulk so I dont have to keep driving 20 min out of the way for them like twice a week. I will let you know how they turn out!!

Christy

KairaandTaz08

Juvie Member
Original Poster
cjdickey":143b4 said:
I know what you mean about being a picky mommy!! lol... I have only ordered phoenix, butters and horns from mulberry. I havent tried great lakes, but I will be ordering from them on fri. If you are waiting, I can let you know how mine turn out. I have 2 6 month old girls that LOVE supers so I have decided to make that the main staple b/c they are full of calcium and protien along with other vit. I dont usually get the real big ones either, but i get them from a local petstore who has the smaller ones. I just want to buy in bulk so I dont have to keep driving 20 min out of the way for them like twice a week. I will let you know how they turn out!!

Christy
Christy,
Glad I'm not the only picky mommy...I know there are quite a few of us...and dads too :wink: .
The ones at our pet store(s) are just as large as the ones I have gotten online...so no luck there, but I may resort to a pet store (ugh, I hate those places!) to get supers if I can't find a better supplier (and/or mine breeding...3 beetles :D so far...still a long ways to go though). They are just so expensive there too. So, yes, please let me know how yours look when you get them. That'd be really helpful :D .
Abi

I buy my supers from http://www.reptilefood.com. Their website only lists "large" supers... but if you chat with Jennifer, the site manager, she will tell you how to arrange for small or medium supers. I just love their service and products. 1000 superworms is only $17.50 plus shipping. You won't be disappointed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cr0w
Top Bottom