Where do you guys keep your beardies?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mistyck

Extreme Poster
3 of the dragons are in the livingroom/open room/my daughter's room. (We live in a 1 bedroom 1 bath house, so half the livingroom was converted to my daughters room. The dragons are on the other half opposite her "room")

The babies are in our bedroom so we can keep an eye on them and make sure that the cats don't try anything funky with them.

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
I have 4 beardies housed in the livingroom, 3 beardies and Zak-n-Wheezie in the diningroom/kitchen area, and 60+ babies housed on the indoor mud porch.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
We have 3 beardies in the living room, a golden gecko at the edge of the living room/hallway, 1 beardie in the dining room and 1 beardie in our office. We're fully beardie proofed, so they can explore either the living room or the office.

beardieaddict

Sub-Adult Member
i also have them all over the house i have some in the dining room and in my bed room and since there are 8 ppl in my house there is always someone in the rooms and i stay up till 1am every day with the tv on and it dosent seem to wake the beardies up when they sleep they are sleeping lol unless u accidentlly bumb them but i can go in the cage when there sleeping and move stuff around and they never wake up

bubbagumper6

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Well I'm attempting to move him to the living room...he's not digging it :cry:

He hasn't eaten all day, and he won't chill out, he just keeps running around the cage...

SARBEAR

Sub-Adult Member
Howie's viv is in my bedroom, next to my bed.
In the mornings when he's ready to eat or come out, he will scratch the side of his tank where he can see me until I get up out of bed and give him what he wants, lol

My beardies are in my lounge diner so there are no direct lights on them that said mine tend to sleep and likewise wake later works well for all of us so not complaining and they seem happy.

VEGASLIZARD

Sub-Adult Member
Scorch (beardie) and Toki (tegu) are in the living room and Fooky (snake) is in Nic's bedroom. We watch TV, but keep the lights out. Scorch is usually snuggled up on someone on the couch and the noise doesn't seem to bother her at all. once she is out she might scratch or butt wiggle a little to make herself more comfortable but she usually just sleeps like a log.

sara24354

Sub-Adult Member
Alf and Freckles have their own room,so to speak. My den was used for storage for a while,before we got the girls we cleaned it up and now they are in there. Alf seems to be falling asleep earlier now,maybe partial brumation. She has never had trouble falling asleep unless we go out for the evening and then even if she falls asleep she will wake up when we come in and look up as if to say " Excuse me, but it's past my bedtime,where have you been? I didn't get my snuggles. We get her out and wrap her in her blankie and tell her we love her and she goes right on to sleep.She sometimes goes to sleep around 5:00 and when I get her up to wrap her in her blankie she wakes up and has to be snuggled and will play possum,closing her eyes but if we quit petting her she pops her eyes open as if to say "Why did you quit petting me slave? I want more lovins."

frank79":70a63 said:
I keep mine in the living room next to my sofa.IMO that is the best place for me because that is where i spend most of my time after work.He also seems to like it always at the glass looking out like a nosey neighbour seems to like the hustle and bustle.

Yoda is like that too really nosey loves nothing more than a good bit of tv too lol

I have mine in the living room. Once i turn out the lights she goes to sleep no problems. Every once in a while if I turn on to many lights she will look at me and I will turn them off as soon as I am done.

bubbagumper6

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Meh, he spent all day yesterday in the living room...basically freaking out. He wouldn't eat (or sit still for that matter) and when it was his bedtime he just sat there with his eyes open because we had the lights and tv on...I moved him back to the bedroom

Even though there's less to look at, and we can't enjoy him as much, I think it's less stressful for him and that's my main concern :wink:

ddma

Juvie Member
sometimes it takes a few days for them to get readjusted , but they do. that's a shame because it's so cool to have them in the same room and you can watch them all the time.

bubbagumper6

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Yeah I know he would have adjusted eventually, but like I said, we were keeping him up after his bedtime. We watch tv with the lights on until 11 pretty much every night, and the living room is small enough to where he has to be fairly close to the tv. I just don't think he'd be able to sleep peacefully out here.

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
I just want to say to bubbagumper6...I have personalized blankies for all my beardies and at night I cover their eyes so we do not disturb them. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hseith
Top Bottom