Where do you guys keep your beardies?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bubbagumper6

Juvie Member
I keep mine in the bedroom because he goes to bed much earlier than us and it would probably keep him up if he was in the living room...but I feel bad because when I walk in there he's always watching me, so it sucks that he has nothing to look at all day because no one is in the bedroom. Any ideas?

gini

Sub-Adult Member
Ours is in the dining room. I figured he wouldn't feel left out in there. Kinda a walkway to everywhere in our house. He will be moving to my daughters room when his new viv is complete as there is more room and technically it is her bd. He does however go to sleep with her every night, and once they are both asleep, I move him back to his viv. He going to sleep with her has been the best way to get her to go to bed at night.

bubbagumper6

Juvie Member
Original Poster
You mean she like holds him while falling asleep? That's strange...

But I mean, doesn't it kind of keep him up when he is asleep and you guys are still up? My beardie goes to sleep at like 9 and I don't know about you guys but some nights I'm up till 11 or later and I just think having the lights on, and the noise of us would keep him awake.

btw I live in an apartment so I really only have 2 options of viv placement (bedroom and living room)

Gail

BD.org Addict
I keep my dragon in the living room, her light go out around 8:30 and I stay up till 11-12 and she doesn't have any problems sleeping. She is about 15 feet from the TV and I generally turn most of the lights off around 9 or 10 just cause I prefer it a bit darker at night.
As long as you don't have her right next to the TV/radio or a bright light on next to the viv, she should be fine in the living room.

gini

Sub-Adult Member
lol. No she doesn't actually hold him. He gets wrapped up like a burrito in his blanket and lays beside her. He's generally already asleep before we even go in to put Elly to bed or atleast in his 'calmed down mode'. As far as lights and noise keeping him awake till the rest of the household goes to sleep, it doesn't phase him. Once he gets in his 'beardie burrito' he's ready for bed. The main light is off in the dining room, so it's pretty dark.

Ruby2uesday

Juvie Member
Huego is in my computer room where i am most of the time. His tank is right next to my desk. My desk and his tank make an L shape. so i just have to turn my head to the right and there he is! :) When lights go out i just put a blanket over the front of the glass to block the light.

ddma

Juvie Member
i have my 6 beardies in my living room and dining room. they are in the middle of everything. they're lights go out at 10 and we stay up well past midnight , tv on, xbox playing , some lights on (dim) , and constant chatter, and they all seem fine, lights go out and so do they.

DragonMomSandy

Gray-bearded Member
I have a 6 foot long, 2 foot deep, 2 foot high terrerium that my husband and I built and its the centerpiece of our living room decor! LOL. When their lights go out, they crash soundly. We are always still up, and the lights, tv and talking do not phase them. When the lights go out and the night light comes on (its a much cooler bulb to keep temps from dropping below 75 degrees), they cool down and automatically go to sleep. Go ahead and move the viv to your living room so you can enjoy them and they can enjoy you. Mine seem to like all thats going on here and they get more attention that way.

novafire

We have had our Diva since March and kept her in the livingroom all this time. She seemed to be OK in there even if we were up later than her. Yesterday we took in 3 more dragons, so we gave them the spare room. We have all the dragons in the front room and have dubbed it the "Lizard Lounge". Diva seems to like her new space, and won't have to listen to us up all night if we want to watch movies.

riceko

Hatchling Member
I keep Scorch in my bedroom on the floor until I get a table of some sort. I usually wake up at 6:40 to turn her light on and lights off at about 8. Lol I figured since the sun rises/sets about those times it would be more natural... although it sounds like people have no problem with dif schedules XD

I would keep her on my desk but my mom is still iffy about her... and my dad stays up until 2. Scorchie seems a little touchy about light on while she's sleeping lol. I turn the TV on when I go to bed at 11-12ish and she scratches and moves around until I turn it off. Lol I feel so bad :(

frank79

Hatchling Member
I keep mine in the living room next to my sofa.IMO that is the best place for me because that is where i spend most of my time after work.He also seems to like it always at the glass looking out like a nosey neighbour seems to like the hustle and bustle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peapthis
Top Bottom