where do people get these dumb ideas about dragons?

Status
Not open for further replies.
so this lady comes over to look at my computer i have for sale. she brings her mother and her daughter. and as always peaches is clung to my shirt on my shoulder. the daughter was very intrested in peaches so i was showinger her peaches and offered to let her pet peaches then the mother steps in oh no it takes a highly trained person to handle these dangerous lizards they bite and are highly poisionus. i just stared and said what? :shock: . then we argue back and fourth on how they are not dangerous and not poisionus finaly i said if she was a dangerous poisionus animal would i do this and then kissed peaches on the nose.
i really dont know where anyone would get this idea of a bearded dragon unless they watched the movie holes one too many times.
does this face look dangerous to you?lol.
DSC_0119.jpg

supertrisha

Juvie Member
jacqui778":321e2 said:
My grandmother's first comment when he crawled up my arm was, "He moves just like a real one!"

-- Jacqui

Silly people. What would we do without them?

I once had someone ask me if Dragon was a broach. Now, come on. He's cute, but that would make one UGLY pin for my lapel!

herpfreak

Gray-bearded Member
Classic comment on my youtube video of Budo getting some run-around time.

"Ummm, I don't think that you should be taking him out of his cage that often, you know he carries very many diseases, but everything else looked very cool"

:roll: Excuse me? How DARE you talk about my son that way!!

Oh no! I'm scared! He carries diseases! I won't touch him ever again! (sarcasm)

dolcedragon

Sub-Adult Member
Diseases??!! Oh snap! I better keep them locked up tight then!
Herpfreak, I couldn't have resisted posting a comment back... "Do some research. You're an imbecile." Lolz!

Jasper's Mom

BD.org Addict
I've gotten sick from being around people a lot more often than I have from being around a beardie... or any other animal for that matter! :protest:

chago11

i had my beardie out the other day at the park and a lilttle kid went to pet him and his mom yelled out "dont touch that thing it can kill you" i couldnt resist and i told her dont worry he's only a baby their only dangerous when they grow their wings and start breathing fire.

wigglesworth

Juvie Member
:laughhard: :laughhard: :laughhard: :notworthy:
chago11, what I would have given to witness that
what was her reaction?

supertrisha

Juvie Member
chago11":62c00 said:
She actually beleived me. She wanted to know where I would keep him so no one will see him.

So apparently you can get sick from looking at them? If that was true, how were YOU still alive? Wow. Population is increasing, but cumulative IQ is staying the same!!!

brkfstclb

Its all about likes and dislikes. What people don't like or aren't interested in, they are not informed. therefore, ignorance.

herpfreak

Gray-bearded Member
chago11":af037 said:
i had my beardie out the other day at the park and a lilttle kid went to pet him and his mom yelled out "dont touch that thing it can kill you" i couldnt resist and i told her dont worry he's only a baby their only dangerous when they grow their wings and start breathing fire.
:laughhard:
That's got to be one of the best comebacks yet!!

dolcedragon

Sub-Adult Member
Aw, why doesn't mine have wings yet? :p
OR poisonous saliva... I haven't seen the movie Holes yet but I hear it's put quite a hurtin on the beardie stigma.
In all fairness, if I had never heard of a bearded dragon before I would probably imagine a much smaller Komodo dragon. However, I doubt that I would have ever inquired anything about FIREbreathing.

Doesj

Hatchling Member
haleygirl272":2b539 said:
One girl goes "Oh! That's the lizard that has poisinous saliva!"

ok, she mixed it up with a komodo monitor, which a beardie doesn't look like at all, but I can get her mistake...

if you're badly informed, anything slightly resembling a lizard is the same to you...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HeathLizard
Top Bottom