WHERE CAN I ORDER THEM?!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Badmojomn

I would like to know where I should order Dubia roaches at the best price. So far, the shipping and handling isn't giving a great deal here.
I would like to stay under 20 cents a bug, I mean, they are just bugs! I don't know who else has the best deal.

My first shipment of Phoenix worms will be delivered tomorrow, hopefully alive being that temps in Phoenix are in the triple digits.

This will be the first time I'm feeding my baby beardie these worms. How many do I feed to a baby? He's probably around 2 months old. He's been eating 30-40 small crickets a day plus a small amount of greens (he prefers me to hand feed him the greens :)

When I feed him the Phoneix worms, is that INPLACE of the crickets then?

Mustashio

Juvie Member
beardie789":2nzh7mqb said:
When I feed him the Phoneix worms, is that INPLACE of the crickets then?

I wondered the exact same thing. Actually posted about it on the Feeders board and on the Feeding board and this is the answer I got.

As for how many to feed, I would still go by the "however many they eat in 15 minutes" rule. Mustashio is about 5 months now, was eating 20-30 crickets TWICE a day. I still feed him crickets too for the variety but now that we got the phoenix worms I usually feed him dusted crickets in the morning and then approx 20-30 phoenix worms at dinnertime. He has eaten more than that, and tends to "inhale" them, and has gotten to the point where he doesn't even chew anymore (had whole phoenix worms in his poop!) so I slow him down and only give 5 at a time until he finishes 25-30 of them. They are just so wiggly he can't resist them!

The other question I had was about the calcium dusting when mixing feeders between PW's and crickets. I still give them both, but since PW's are nice and high in calcium (and balanced well with the phosphorus) I never dust them with anything. Crickets still need to be dusted though. And vitamin dusted crickets 2-3 times per week. Just watch their poo, specifically their urates, to make sure they remain pure white. If they are any other color than pure white, or if they are chalky, then there is possibly too much calcium (pretty rare) or they are getting too dehydrated (more baths!).

Hope this helps!
~Jill

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JGFill
Top Bottom