when will my bearded dragon start eating veg

Status
Not open for further replies.

drakedragon

Juvie Member
she is only 3 months old, so i know she wont be very interested in them. but when will she start liking them. im trying to get her to eat spring greens and i usually add a little bit of bell pepper for some colour but she hasnt been near it. i always put it in so if she wants to eat any she can, but i dont think she has.

slifer892

Mine started to eat veggies the first night! I was lucky but if you go out and get some bearded dragon bites and put a small amount in the greens then it is more likely to eat it. As well these do provide some nutrition to your dragons diet. I think its the smell of it that gets them to the veggies as well you could try fruit such as mango, banana, maybe very little apple if the skin is peeled. Hope this helps!

jinzilla

My 4+ month old beardie loves shredded endive leaves...she doesn't seem to like anything else. I also find that if I skip a meal from her (sometimes working late or leaving early), she'll eat most of her greens! Her poops tend to stink more the next day, though...

All other vegetables I've wasted time cutting up, I no longer do. Instead, I put those squash, pepper, etc. veggies in my dubia feeder box (large, 4 tube cricket box from Petsmart) and feed my beardie her veggies that way.

I do cut some veggies up from time to time but the just dry up, usually tossed around the terrarium while she gets to the endive...

brittani299

Extreme Poster
Try getting worms and putting the worms and salad together. Hopefully a piece of salad and a worm will be grabbed at the same time. That is how I get my male to eat salad.

hypnotiq

^^^^ is a good suggestion. another is try putting the greens in there before you feed the protein (roaches, crickets what ever you use) if you have time. Always have a fresh salad available because in between feedings they might go exploring and find it especially with the worms. I add waxes with Bowser's salad just to make it move. He'll eat it regardless but it's always a good treat for him. Or maybe when you go to feed the staples, throw a little piece of leaf or fruit. Bowser started with Mango. when I put the crickets in there i would throw a piece of mango and he would run over and lick it about the 4th or 5th time he finally ate it. =) and that started the 2 big salads a day he eats. i would say he's only 3 or 4 months. When I got him he was only 4 inches that was december 16th so i've had him a little over 2. How ever old he is =). good luck hope this helps. =)

drakedragon

Juvie Member
Original Poster
brittani299":os9p4xnj said:
Try getting worms and putting the worms and salad together. Hopefully a piece of salad and a worm will be grabbed at the same time. That is how I get my male to eat salad.

ive tried that doesnt work for her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lunalane827
Top Bottom