When will he eat?

Status
Not open for further replies.

brodie67

I've had riddick for basicly 2 years and he just started to lay down in the corner of his cage and sleep and not eat anything, does anyone know whats going on? Sometimes he lifts his head to look around then lays bad down after 3 minutes, how long does this last? Please help! :(

My beardie did this for a little bit until I finally turned the furnace on this weekend...has it gotten colder at your place? Do you hold your dragon a lot or let him roam around outside his cage...it could be he is just bored. Also, it never hurts to remind to do a double check of your husbandry, baths? are the lights and temps okay? all those little things make a difference if one is out of sinc...

Gail

BD.org Addict
Sounds like it could be brumation. How does he look health wise? is he losing any weight and was he eating normal before he went to sleep? Some dragon will brumate for just a few days, some for the whole winter.

brodie67

Original Poster
Well before all of this he ate like crazy, he was doing just fine. He doesn't look like he lost any wait and before all of this he was rubbing his head on the thing he lives on to move it to the glass below then he would cover himself up (Quite funny). Since then he hasn't eaten or moved much he lifts his head now and then when I turn his lights on in the morning (7:30 AM) before school and turn them off at night before I go to bed around 11:00 PM. I'd offer to give him veggies or even crickets and he just wont eat anything I give him. I talk to him all the time and petted him and sometimes picked him up before. But now he just lays there in the corner sleeping he kinda peeks at me when I turn his lights on but then puts his head down if anyone knows whats wrong please tell me im afraid hes sick or something. :( Heres a picture of him below.

2sb4cgz.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom