When to have a fecal done?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KristineM

Gray-bearded Member
I'm just wondering in general, really. We haven't had any issues. Batman is 11 weeks old and we have had him for 9 of those weeks. Is it advised to have a fecal done at some point just to be positive of his health even without any cause for concern? If so, should it be at a certain age?

KristineM

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
I'm sorry...this probably should have been posted in general discussions since I don't have an actual health concern. I apologize!!

zandi202

BD.org Addict
I would wait until your beardie has settles before getting a fecal done. When they are still going through relocation stress, the worm count can be higher than normal.

daner923

Gray-bearded Member
It's good to get one done about now (2 months) after getting a new beardie, and then getting one at least annually, if not every 6 months thereafter.

KristineM

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
I was sort of feeling like it was time. Goodness, I HOPE he's done with relocation stress! He's been here almost 10 weeks!! Honestly, he seemed to settle immediately anyway ;)

KristineM

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Haha! I know ;) He was quite young when he came to us. Just under 2 weeks. Thanks to this site and everyone here...he's alive! Also, happy and healthy :)

KristineM

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
I almost forgot that I meant to ask another question haha! To have a decal done just for a check up...do I have to find a special vet and is it going to cost a whole lot of $$$???

daner923

Gray-bearded Member
Depends on the vet. Call around. Otherwise you can send a sample to the ladies at beardeddragon.co. There's instructions on their site. I think it's $5 a sample.

Araneae

I had a fecal check earlier this year on my water dragon it was only $10 at my vet. I would think any clinic could check it with no problem.

zandi202

BD.org Addict
I have talked to multiple vets and they said it depends on the test that they want to run. Around me it can be anywhere from $35-$50.

KristineM

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
I've seen that Cheryl? does fecals and it's very cheap. I just figured maybe it was for emergencies only or if I felt my dragon was sick. I will call around tomorrow morning :)

I'm going to share this here, as I have shared it in "Health" as well. I'm looking for opinions. My guy has shed everything but 3 legs and his head. It's been about 2 weeks from the initial start and his leg has looked like this for 7 days. I was told it could be normal for the swelling to come with shedding but to watch his toe. Any ideas? Is it a tough shed or do you think he may have hurt himself?

HIS right arm compared to HIS left arm (left has already shed but his right has me worried)

null-81.jpg

zandi202

BD.org Addict
Give him a bath and use a soft toothbrush to help it loosen up. Also, rub 100% coco butter on it a few times throughout the day as many days as it takes. That'll help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom