When should I get a bigger tank?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kmutter27

Hi my bearded dragon is only 2 months old but I was wondering, when should I consider getting a bigger tank such as a 55 gallon? Right now, because Stitch was so tiny when we first got Stitch a month ago, I got a 10 gallon tank. So when should I get a bigger tank?

I am trying to plan ahead accordingly so that Stitch has enough room to roam. I also want to buy things in increments so that it doesn't kill my bank account all at once :) but I want to be prepared before Stitch is uncomfortable and the tank is too small.

Any information will be grateful :)

herpgirl2510

Sub-Adult Member
I really think you need one now. A 10 gallon is much too small especially to get the temps on the hot & cold side correct.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I say now too.

Just because your dragon is a baby doesn't mean it can't be in a bigger tank.

-Brandon

Carnivorouszoo

Sub-Adult Member
I had Mojo in a 29 tall, now she is in a 4x2x2 custom. I personally think 55s are too thin but some people swear by them. My new girl is coming with a 55, going to build her a viv as quick as I can.

Gail

BD.org Addict
I'd get one now too, a 10 gallon is way too small for a growing dragon. Look for a 40 gallon breeder instead of a 55 gal. the 55 is narrow and if your dragon gets really big, he can have a hard time turning around in it.

kmutter27

Original Poster
I just got a 10 because that is what the reptile shop I got Stitch from suggested for the first few months. I will buy a new tank. Thinking about it I agree with all of you who suggested to get a bigger viv tank now. Thank you for all of your help. One more question, I keep trying to look up differences between a 55 gallon and a 40 breeder but seem to be getting no where. What is the difference?

Thanks again.

Rud3Bwoy

Sub-Adult Member
i have my current beardie in a 10 gallon it is fine also i had no issues getting temps getting right,tho of course i have a custom viv on order waiting to be built.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
beardies4life
Top Bottom