Whats your bearded dragon's favorite food?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DragonJosh

My 2 dragons went NUTS for hornworms. So much in fact that after the first few days of introducing them they would immediately jump off their basking rock and run towards the glass when I would pick up the containers from ACROSS the room lol. I mean they chow down on fly larvae, but nothing as excited as the hornworms. Must be the color.

packfan74

My 10 month old eats the heck out of superworms!...dusted, undusted, wet, dry, gut loaded or not - he will eat them here, there, anywhere, Sam I AM!

Although I have to say, the funniest thing I ever saw him eat was a praying mantis he hunted and chased down in the garden..the darn thing was the same size as he was (not good!). He and I played tug-of-war with it until he got mad and ripped it out of my hand and ran away with it, chomping it down while running. Don't ask me where he put it cuz it was truly THE SAME SIZE as he was! Bottom line - I DO NOT recommend you let your dragon eat wild caught food....this was an accidential thing and may very well have been what caused my guy to get parasites about 3 months later which I spent months and lots of $$ clearing up!

kellys":26h275kk said:
my girls all time fav is blueberries :)

Mine is crazy about blueberries! He runs after them when I drop one way more excitedly than he does crickets. He was all about strawberries for a little while, but now he's not as interested.

w0554096

Juvie Member
My boy loves loves loves peaches. He usually doesn't like to eat his veggies or fruit in front of everybody, but you put peaches in his tank and watch out fingers!
For some reason, he absolutely hates waxworms.
I tried to give him some when he was a little thin, and the look on his face..trust me, if there ever was a digusted dragon face, that was it!
He also loves dandilion greens, will usually eat the whole bowl of them.

He also won't touch pinkies or fuzzies. I've only tried a few times, but ended up throwing the pinkies away (it was F/T) and the fuzzie, again quite a disgusted face..He went after it, grabbed it, and then made a big show of spitting it out. Maybe it was the furry feel? I ended up giving that one to the cat to eat.

He gets mealworms and supers as a staple, and usually will eat all you give him..but certain things *sigh* he's very picky about.

theruizfamily":1k9ajtv9 said:
where do you guys get locust from ?

Most pet stores in the UK stock them as feeders, if you're in the states, I don't think you'll be able to get them, hazard to crops etc. Over here, it's a bit cold and miserable for them to properly reproduce if they escaped.

bucknut

zelda loves her morio worms and cant get enuf locusts you put her locusts in and ther gon with in a min lol

magma loves his locusts and blueberries his blueberries are the only fruit or veg he will take from your hand he'll keep eating them till hes full then shakes his head at you to tell you hes had enuf lol

mrstuart75

Hatchling Member
collard greens, strawberries and MANGOS!! all time favorite!
add some petite green peas and my baby is in heaven!!! :)

we have had bad luck with superworms and dubias. too big and might cause tummy aches - we just stick with crickets now. :(

:love5:

Croaker loves watermelon. When he was younger, he'd voraciously eat it.

He has since gotten smarter. What he's taken to now is just licking it. I'll hold it up, he'll lick it, lick it, lick it. If I try to get him to eat it by pushing, he'll make a few feeble chops, push it out, and go right back to licking it. He generally won't eat it until I've set it down. Otherwise, he treats it like a popsickle or sucker, to be enjoyed at length.

dolphingirl

Hatchling Member
Just wondering: do you feed dandilion greens or the actual yellow flower? Spike has ALWAYS been a picky eater. His favorite is waxworms. Need to try hornworms.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heidib715
Top Bottom