Whats wrong with Puff?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just have a couple of comments...some of what you describe doesn't seem that out of character for beardies... the change in appetite, where they position themselves, the tank running...I think many do all of this at some point or another. Have a scale and as long as he isnt losing wt, stop panicking and spend time time enjoying him. If he wants to hide out, allow it. They have much better instinct then we do. Unless some more obvious signs of illness are displayed, he's best being left to his own instincts to manage himself. Remember these guys are fitted to be self sufficient without the aid of humans...If we provide the viv similar to their natural habitat, along with keeping food available to them...they take it from there.
I have 2 beardies. 1 we call "Lightening" the other "Mellow one". As you can figure, they are drastically different. Lightening goes in and out of 'moods'. We have to really keep an eye on him out of his house cuz he will b gone in a split second! Even when carrying him, we cant let him just rest on our shoulder...if he is so inclined, he will attempt to just jump off with no care of how far the drop is! He can get cranky and puff up being all big and bad.... but thats about the extent of his toughness! (ha!) anyway, he varies on both his trust of being controlled (such as when we decide to take him out of his house etc) as well as his level of activity. Some times he gets a burst of energy and goes back and forth in his tank like a mad man...I take it more that he has energy to spare from resting, sunning, etc.. and wants to burn some off (what else can they do in there? in this way it is not like nature, there space is very finite) I have created a place where he can get out and run safely... sometimes he'll wait 15 minutes sitting perfectly still before he takes off like 'lightening'! I'll think "well maybe he didn't want to get out...but then realize that he is 'assessing the surroundings' before zipping off...
Mellow one you may have guessed, is just the opposite...she is content beig held, sitting with me, climbing under my shirt and falling asleep...I did find that Lightening likes it in there too! the warmth is perfect. they fall asleep w/i minutes and will sleep there for hours! it helps with their being familiar and comforatble with my smells, hangin out while I do things etc...

I just find that overall they share many similarities thru their instincts, yet they still possess their uniqueness which is what makes them so fun to have around! (as well as what drives us crazy when they do things we dont undertand! :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Trishreyhui
Top Bottom