whats up with her legs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LFC

Hatchling Member
So In the past few weeks I've noticed that my beardie isnt using her legs like shes supposed to.... It looks like MBD, or improper calcium amount.. but i've been really on the ball about giving her the correct amount of calcium and multivitamins. She gets a salad of collard greens and butternut squash and crickets in the afternoon. she is in a 40 gallon tank and an mvb bulb with tempsof 105 on her basking spot. She eats great, but just has a hard time moving around.

I want to know if she's in pain-She seems to breath heavily when she moves but otherwise acts like a normal beardie... any ideas?

mms_picture-8.jpg

this is a common way for her to hang out.. or the legs all backwards- walking on wrists front legs back toward the body.

mms_picture-9.jpg

the not so sexy leg... one way she lays down.

I'm at a loss of what to do.I thought I was doing everything right and it seems like nothing is working :(

Getting a vet appointment is somewhat hard at the moment... mostly finding the time when they are open and im available to take her.

any help would be greatly appreciated.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there....what type of Mercury vapor bulb is it, and what distance from her ? Many times getting them in the sun will reverse that condition , or at least keep it fro getting worse. You might order some liquid calcium as well. I think Drache613 sells it [ p.m. her, she's a member + a mod. ] also Bearded dragonco. sells it .

LFC

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
AHBD":t5temgmr said:
Hi there....what type of Mercury vapor bulb is it, and what distance from her ? Many times getting them in the sun will reverse that condition , or at least keep it fro getting worse. You might order some liquid calcium as well. I think Drache613 sells it [ p.m. her, she's a member + a mod. ] also Bearded dragonco. sells it .

its a power sun bulb. it is about 12 inches from her. I got the bulb after I noticed her legs being funky. She had a reptisun bulb before with a heat lamp. I might have some liquid calcium on hand.. but if not then i will get some. thank you for your reply!

RockHound

Hatchling Member
Some people have reported complications with the PowerSun MVBs. Here's a thread on the topic: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=105629

I've never used PowerSun myself. I used MegaRay until the backorders got too bad and the quality tanked. Been over a year since I last ordered from them so things might be better now. I'm currently using a Solar Glo 120W, with good results so far.

You'd need a solar meter to confirm that your MVB is giving out the proper UVB levels. Unfortunately, a faulty bulb that isn't producing sufficient UVB could still be producing light. I know that my operational bulbs have always cast interesting colors, and have a different reflectivity on certain objects due to the UVB radiation. Like, the tape that holds my thermometer probe in place will glow violet.

I'd definitely try taking her out in the sun. It's soooo good for them, though many are terrified of being outdoors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nhacaiuytinco1
Top Bottom