What's in my dragons nose?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ErinMeetsMachine

Sub-Adult Member
Well hello again, Spot has now reached the 1 year mark! WOOHOO! I thought she'd be done shedding/growing now because she hasn't shed nor have I seen any difference in length in a few months.. but now she is in shed again! She's going on 17 inches now. She's grown about 8 inches in the 6 months that I've had her. My question today is regarding her nose... I do not know what a respiratory infection looks like, yet I don't think that is what is going on with Spot. She has a solid-looking substance on the edges of her interior nostrils. Looks like it could possibly be old shed. What signs are there of RI's and how do I know if Spot has one? Also, if it is not an RI, what could it be and should I do anything or just leave it be?

Thanks!

gulfbrzdawn

BD.org Addict
Like GoFast mentioned it does indeed sound like a nose plug from shedding. The only thing you can really do is make sure your beardie gets plenty of baths and while bathing you can put water on her nostrils with a washcloth or Qtip.
Generally they come out on their own with no assistance needed.

With the RI's you will hear the symptoms Lance mentioned and your beardie may have mucous in her mouth and/or nostrils.

Let us know how Spot is doing :D

Hodgins18

Just two days ago my beardie had shed both of them. I thought there was somthing wrong with his nose, but when I realized they were hanging out I just brushed them of him. It's really cool to see what the inside of their nostrils look like.

ErinMeetsMachine

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
it looks like past shed though, her head is not in shed currently. I know the nose plugs that you are talking about, I am going to try and get a picture today and then post it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Panthercat
Top Bottom