What's going on with this girl? (Color)

Status
Not open for further replies.

esn

Hatchling Member
Hello,

I was looking at some beardies available at a local store today on sale, and saw this little gem for 30$. I have been holding out to get a hypo trans female for future breeding with my hypo trans leatherback male, and have a normal female. I was struck by this girl's orange siding and prominent greenish tinge with bars, and thought that there must be something going on with her. The store employees knew nothing, and she does not have clear nails. I can't quite decide, but I'm keeping her anyway. She was getting a bit bullied and is having a hard tail shed. She was in with an 8 inch bearded, and she's about 4 1/2 inches with tail - I normally don't do pity buys, but this girl is quite beautiful.

Here's some photos of her, under camera flash and UVB:

IMG_1737.jpg

IMG_1738-1.jpg

Am I just crazy? Is she just a very bright colored normal with interesting contrast? Of course, photos never do justice. She's very tiny, I'm looking forward to fattening her up.

esn

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
She's so tiny it's hard even to see the nails clearly in person. Need to get a magnifying glass.

IMG_1740.jpg

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there....she's very pretty, but you can not know what she will end up color wise, that will change drastically as she grows. If she doesn't have clear nails she's not a hypo, and I can tell she's not a trans. or leatherback just by her texture and lack of black eyes. By the way, you will not want to breed trans. leather to trans leather, you will want het. for trans or you have a very high chance of producing deformed babies. Leather to leather will produce some silks, some normals + some leather, but trans. to trans. very often produces sickly babies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lunalane827
Top Bottom