What's best for Blazer

Status
Not open for further replies.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Yay! Blazer ate a cricket. :blob5: :blob8: You must have been thrilled. Randi, take a look at this picture then look at the recent one and tell me you don't see a noticeable improvement.
bathabove.jpg

lookinggood.jpg

He also looks like he is getting ready to shed on his head which is also a great sign. It's great the way he is responding to you too. 8)

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello Randi,

Blazer looks MUCH better! :D
His head looks like it is going to shed. He is slowly filling out, just take your time. Don't rush him, reptiles take a long time to recover so this is going to be a special time between you & him & the bonding that will be taking place will be incredible as well....

Tracie

Embee

Gray-bearded Member
Ah Randi, Blazer is looking better, and a cricket? Even better! :)

Thanks so much for keeping us updated on all late breaking info!

Blazer is precious!! :love5:

The best,
Em

randisjoy

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
OK. I have to tell everyone about the INCREDIBLE INCREDIBLE INCREDIBLE day Blazer and I have had!I just wanted to mention this. He did two things, just now,

When I took him out of his bath, to put him on me to get dried, he actually went down on all four legs, standing! Usually, he'll wake up when I go to take him out (he ALWAYS falls asleep in there) and when I put him on me, nothing. This time, he didn't go down, he was standing on me after his bath! Also, before his bath, he tried to TAKE OFF!! He was relaxing on me (or so I thought) and BOOM! He tries to run right off me. Not once, twice!! Scared me though! I felt like I couldn't let him "just chill" on me without keeping my hand on him after that.

Something else happened that was SO amazing and cute. I'm now his personal coach lol. I decided to try again with the crickets. I put him in a large tupperware container that I bought and am using for the crickets. (That's where he ate the first one this morning) Anyways, he looked spunky in his tank so I thought the timing was right so I put down my tuna sandwich (yuck,mixing my meal with his wasn't so great for me though lol) Well, I put him in and notta. Nothing. Then I started talking to him all excited, in a high pitched voice(Go Blazer! Get 'em Blazer!) he got up all excited on all fours and his body was totally off the ground. It was a beautiful sight! he look vibrant and healthy!! (I even had the thought that I wish I had my camera! Next time I try that, I will have it!!)When I stopped cheering him on, he started losing his enthusiasm to move so I kept it up and he went for it and ate another and then another! Then, he fell asleep lol.

I'm happy!!!!!!! Please keep him in your prayers!!

I'm happy you posted the other bath picture, Diane :) I actually brought the pictures together on photobucket this morning and analyzed them lol. I wasn't sure if it was just wishful thinking or for real but....after the day we've had...I believe you!! lol :D

Thanks for listening to my rambles and for all your support you are ALL so very wonderful at!! Yippee!
~Randi

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
WOW, look at that. :love5: He's actually standing up on his own AND looking right at you too. :D

gulfbrzdawn

BD.org Addict
Wow Randi! I just have to tell you.... I am sitting here right now with the biggest smile on my face and yes, my eyes are welling up as I type. What a beautiful sight to see Blazer looking so great.

Diane.... had you not put those two photos together, no one would have believed the "unbelievable" change in Blazer!

I will pray that Blazer keeps eating and responding to you. For some reason though, I don't think it will take too much praying... the results are right there in front of our eyes.

It's incredible what a little love and determination can do! :wink:

great_job.gif

randisjoy

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I hate to say this, but I got really worried again when I got home tonight. He was basking and he was VERY dark in color. I know that is a sign of stress and/or being cold. Anything else that could be? Anyways, I took him out, fed him a little, he fell asleep so I put him in his bath. His color looks better now but it scared me. The top of his basking log gets to 103.5 and he is down towards the base so it's not too hot.

He's still in his bath and I'm going to try to get him to eat a bit more of the Flukers/squash in a minute. I hope the 3 crkets yesterday weren't too much for his little body :cry:
Also, I he keeps doing this...His stomach (ya know the part that spreads out when they're basking) he keeps pulling it way in and way out, many times in a row.
Is this normal??? He's not doing it so much now but it looks labored. I'm scared. When I look at him in his bath, he looks OK tho.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Randi, they actually darken to absorb more heat quicker so that could be what he was doing. The fact that he lightened up after you took him out is a good sign, if he had stayed darkened, then it might have been a little something to be concerned about. Make sure he is getting close to 2 hrs of basking time after eating for proper digestion, ok?

I also explained the pulling in & out movement of their stomachs, they all do that, I guess it helps with digestion. Sometimes they also do it in their bath and other times they actually can fill up with air & float. Since it looks like part of his head is shedding, I thought I would mention the eye bulging too. I'll post some info for you to read about, I wouldn't want you to see it and have it scare you as it can be scary the first time. http://www.beardeddragon.org/articles/eyebulging/

randisjoy

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Thank you, Diane! Yes, you know I would of freaked out! I really don't know what I'd do without you guys!

Oh, and that makes a lot of sense because dark colors soak up the sun. Wow, what smart little guys they are!!

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Yes, they are smart creatures indeed. I know I could share a huge list of smart things my beardies have done over the years, they never cease to amaze me. :p

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello Randi,

GREAT news on Blazer!!!! :blob5: :blob5:
He really is improving for you in leaps & bounds. This is all going to wear him out, that is why he gets worn out so easily & quickly. I am impressed that he was up on all fours though, that is awesome.
Some coaching helped him eat a few crickets huh, how neat. They are very intelligent little creatures.
As Diane said, they do darken themselves to absorb more heat. They are amazing.
When you see the eye bulging, you will really be surprised when you see how big his eyes will get! :shock:

Keep us posted on him!

Tracie

randisjoy

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I am really glad you said it'll wear him out. I've been hoping the falling asleep all the time is an OK thing. I guess that's why I kept mentioning it. Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miss_michelle421
Top Bottom