What would happen if you just fed your dragon prepared food?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sj45

such as this; http://www.petsolutions.com/Exo-Terra-Bearded-Dragon-Food+I15521920.aspx

It is probably not as "healthy" or "nutritious" as live food but it may be. I know crickets and live feedings can be hectic.

I'll take advice, ie; feed crickets etc...which he will get but maybe not on a daily schedule etc.

If this was his main meal, would I need to add multivitamins/calcium to this? How often?

or...

Is this just a terrible idea and should never be done? lol

Thanks Scotty :)

(___you guys are awesome at answering tough questions so here's another, thanks my besties___)

protiemama

Gray-bearded Member
Dragons get bored with the same live food all the time. I can't imagine they would be happy eating only prepared food. However it would be convienient to have him willing to eat prepared food occasionally. Some days I need to be able to just pour something in everyone's dish and run. Bogie insists on live food and salad. :banghead: Spoiled dragon. At least I don't have to hand feed.
Variety is the key, they will get spoiled so easily. If you start with variety they will accept new and different readily. Check out the Beautiful dragons feeding chart. It's the best one I have found. :D
Good luck. :D

Sandy H

chadwick757

Hatchling Member
The little information I have found is in dragons that end up being smaller "and probably not as healthy" as dragons that get a proper diet and supplements. I know many people that buy packaged food end up using it to feed crickets or roaches.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lunalane827
Top Bottom