what to use besides sand... & what about a cuddle buddy?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

hicks08

I HATEEE HATE HATE using sand.. it is SO messy. It took me FOREVER to clean Lenni's house out last night & then right after it was all nice & clean... she pooped and got water eeeeverywhere! :angry5: (of course, it was gonna happen sooner or later)

So which type of flooring is best?! I heard about repti-carpet and tile & I think tile is my best bet... does anyone have any pics of the right kind of tile? Where can I get it from?

Also, what about a cuddle buddy/cuddle spot?? Lenni LOVES to run around the house and then snuggle up into a blanket or a corner wall... which she doesn't get to do in her tank... what should I get her so she can snuggle and sleep in her house???

Thanks! :mrgreen:

ikkie78

Juvie Member
If you go to Home Depot or Lowes, or a similar place, you can get slate tile thats only about $1.25 for a 12"x12" tile. Plus they will cut it for you for free I believe. Really cheap and when you need to clean it you can just pull one tile up, clean it, and put it back in. Just tell them you need slate tile (the rough texture helps keeping the nails trimmed also). Check the clearance are also...sometimes they have cheap slate tiles with chips and stuff in the tile and its really cheap!

Sydneysdad

A tip on tile: get an extra piece or two identical to the ones in the cage. Then if you're in a hurry and need to clean, you can switch tiles and clean the soiled one more thoroughly later. And unless you've got a water saw, definitely get the store to cut it to fit.

ikkie78

Juvie Member
Yeah extra is good! I forgot to do that myself so thanks for posting that...I'll have to make a run to home depot today and pick up a few more!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tlpowell718
Top Bottom