what to feed and when

Status
Not open for further replies.

smergy

Hatchling Member
OK my Draco has grown a little, and i didn't think getting him Sunday he would ...lol i thought it would take a bit, when i got him i think he measured about 3 inches i think now it looks like hes bigger, with that said should i still only feed him crickets or should he get more than that, and he does have lettuce and carrots in his cage at all times.

BeardedDragon6

Juvie Member
babies need a lot of protein cause they are growing.

some babies eat around 100 ish crickets a day. (crickets must be big as the space between its eyes)

feed 3 times a day dusted with calcium.

chicken(not raw) is also a good source of protein. but. its just for gaining weigh. you can try it out tho. c:

very tiny mealworms are also okay every once in a while.

heres a website where you can find stuff what you can feed your baby. c:

http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Nutrition.html

smergy

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
thanks for the info, and btw i like the dragon with glasses that is awesome!! so the growth is normal i take it, from about the 3 inches to maybe 5 or more, and the shedding already?

Hercules

Hatchling Member
I don't think growth will every really be a bad thing, probably a sign of a healthy and well fed dragon. With the rapid growth though I would make sure he gets plenty of calcium and has a good uvb bulb (reptisun 10 is the best) to make sure he doesn't get MBD

Zeusmybeardie

Gray-bearded Member
I don't think your supposed to feed chicken never heard of that but u can feed Crix Pheonix worms dubia roaches

Treats: butter worms wax worms

When he gets 16 inchs u can feed some hornworms as treats and also u can give him super worms as a staple

Sense he is a baby he should be geting his food dusted once a day 5x a week by calcium d3 and 2x from multivitamins

BeardedDragon6

Juvie Member
Maxiloves43":2zwx7ilb said:
does it matter how the chicken is cooked? i was going to feed Maxi some, but wasnt to sure how to cook it for her

actually we just boil/cook whatever it in water. dont add any salts or anything just boil/cook it (white meat)

i usually add calcium to it and a bit greens like broccoli, mustards, and so. (and it looks really delicious) after its cooked of course.

smergy

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
oops sorry i posted this in the wrong forum, but i am new here so dont be mad..haha anyhow how do i post pictures apearently what i did before didnt work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SilverSelene
Top Bottom