What to do about low humidity

Toadleagend

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Cole
Hello, the humidity in my bearded dragons tank is reading 10% on her new digital probe hygrometer. It reads 25-30 on the other hygrometers. But they are not probes. I think It has been low because it is really cold outside the past couple of days. Should I do anything to bring it up?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Hello, the humidity in my bearded dragons tank is reading 10% on her new digital probe hygrometer. It reads 25-30 on the other hygrometers. But they are not probes. I think It has been low because it is really cold outside the past couple of days. Should I do anything to bring it up?
Since humidity helps w/ shedding I try not to let mine get below 20%-- I have set up a humidifier its a small one between my two dragons tanks and run it when necessary --- it usually only keeps it at around 18-20% when running which is better than the 10% - I would go by the probe - place it on the back center wall of the tank - I have also heard that low humidity can cause RI's I dont know how true that is--- you can try setting a water bowl in the tank on the hot side to raise it as well -- at this time we are below zero for temps and my tanks are at 21% w/ out the humidifier on --

Toadleagend

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Cole
Since humidity helps w/ shedding I try not to let mine get below 20%-- I have set up a humidifier its a small one between my two dragons tanks and run it when necessary --- it usually only keeps it at around 18-20% when running which is better than the 10% - I would go by the probe - place it on the back center wall of the tank - I have also heard that low humidity can cause RI's I dont know how true that is--- you can try setting a water bowl in the tank on the hot side to raise it as well -- at this time we are below zero for temps and my tanks are at 21% w/ out the humidifier on --
Ok, thank you very much! She already has a water bowl but it is on the cool side. I can put it on the warm side. I can also place a humidifier near her.

Toadleagend

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Cole
Get your hygrometer placed w/ the probe- analog hygrometers are inaccurate most of the time
Ok, I did. I was misting in the tank a bit. So, it’s at 30. But, it goes down quite quickly. I have 3 analog ones, and they all read about the same. So, I was quite surprised when the probe was much lower.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
My humidifier is quite small. Will it be able to raise the humidity if I put it next to her? Or should it be a bigger one. It’s like the size of a large mug.
If your getting a actual reading off the back center wall you don't need the humidifier - do not put it in the tank -

Toadleagend

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Cole
If your getting a actual reading off the back center wall you don't need the humidifier - do not put it in the tank -
I said that weird. I meant next to her tank. It is not at 25 anymore. It went down a bit. Can it be the front wall in the center. I tried adjusting the probe a bit and now I can’t put it back in because she keeps trying to eat it.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
I said that weird. I meant next to her tank. It is not at 25 anymore. It went down a bit. Can it be the front wall in the center. I tried adjusting the probe a bit and now I can’t put it back in because she keeps trying to eat it.
Move it up then -- or try the front - are those the doors?

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom