What the Heck...? All Female Dubias!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paradon

Sub-Adult Member
I have bought about 80 small dubia roaches from the pet store and all the ones that had grown up and matured turned out to be all females. I don't see any males at all. What's going on? I hoping the ones that aren't matured turned to be males, so they can make the females pregnant. Do you guys get more females than males? It seems like I'm getting more females and no males just yet. Weird...! :x :evil:

patrickb

Juvie Member
Good luck of the draw? Getting more females than males is a good thing. You do need a mature male of course to take care of all those females, but I wouldn't worry too much. They have a long enough lifespan and if you still have nymphs you got a fine chance at a male appearing soon. It seems most people get more males than females, so you should be doing good. With all that said, search for "dubia sexing" and you should find a post identifying how to sex them before they are adults. Care for those male nymphs like kings.

Paradon

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Yes, I still have a lot of nymph left. I guess it is a good thing. It's weird that I have such a good luck! :mrgreen: :blob8: Normally, I'm not so lucky...!

slantedii

Hatchling Member
how long have you had them? cuz i thought the same thing....turns out they hadnt actually matured, felt rathersilly after having yell at the guy who sold them to me, only to see a few weeks later a freshly molted adult male. give it some more time, its doubtful that even ur larger ones are all female. But if by chance, that did happen, i would give anything to be a male roach in your tote! lol

gregorydragon

Juvie Member
Paradon":c8788 said:
Yes, I still have a lot of nymph left. I guess it is a good thing. It's weird that I have such a good luck! :mrgreen: :blob8: Normally, I'm not so lucky...!
Do you have a pic or two that you could load up to show?

clear

Sub-Adult Member
I would wait another month for them all to fully mature, most colonies have a huge number of males to females or you just got lucky with only a few males!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tlpowell718
Top Bottom