What the h3ll is going on here.

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
I think Christina must have pinched all my dragons this morning. Zsa Zsa has hid all day, Ruby spent the entire day in her hide. (She usese hers most days, but she is usually sticking half her body length out) and Sinatra spent the entire day in his hide. ( thats only like the 3rd or 4th time since I got him a year and a half ago) it's very bazaar. Then tonight it took like an hour to get Ruby and Sinatra both to settle down. Very bazaar indeed. They both finally did though.

Attachments

• 20240421_200950.jpg
    20240421_200950.jpg
    133.6 KB · Views: 29

NickAVD

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Foxy
Maybe there is something wrong with the weather? I have hypertension and am sensitive to the weather, so I noticed that when my blood pressure rises due to a sudden change in weather, Foxy has a lazy day.

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Maybe there is something wrong with the weather? I have hypertension and am sensitive to the weather, so I noticed that when my blood pressure rises due to a sudden change in weather, Foxy has a lazy day.
It could be, it's odd that everyone did it at the same time. Sinatra never uses his hide. Well he never gets in his hide, he sets on top of it looking out the window a lot.

Chris.

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Luis and Lilith
Odd indeed. Luis and Lilith seem to join your dragons on this. They both sit around till lunchtime and only warm up for a couple of hours until they get lazy again. Luis snuggled up to me yesterday and was asleep on me at 6:30 pm when lights out is at 8 pm...Lilly is just leaving her sleeping branch (9:30am) as I type this.

Where I live it has been rainy with some snow the last days (we had 88°F last week!!), so that could be a factor.

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Odd indeed. Luis and Lilith seem to join your dragons on this. They both sit around till lunchtime and only warm up for a couple of hours until they get lazy again. Luis snuggled up to me yesterday and was asleep on me at 6:30 pm when lights out is at 8 pm...Lilly is just leaving her sleeping branch (9:30am) as I type this.

Where I live it has been rainy with some snow the last days (we had 88°F last week!!), so that could be a factor.
That's kindda what's been happening here also. We've had a lot of rain but there was 3 or 4 pretty days in a row, then it staryed raining again.
Sinatra is so used to falling asleep on me, that unless it's full sunshine he thinks it's time to sleep every time I get him out lol. If I have to set him down for something in the evenings most of the time as soon as I sit back down he starts making his way to me 🙂

NickAVD

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Foxy
That's kindda what's been happening here also. We've had a lot of rain but there was 3 or 4 pretty days in a row, then it staryed raining again.
Sinatra is so used to falling asleep on me, that unless it's full sunshine he thinks it's time to sleep every time I get him out lol. If I have to set him down for something in the evenings most of the time as soon as I sit back down he starts making his way to me 🙂
Same thing with mine. He falls asleep on me almost every day, so as soon as I take him in the evening, within 2-3 minutes he puts his head on my chest, stretches his left arm back and sleeps. I am beginning to suspect that he has forgotten how to go to sleep in his terrarium on his own. :unsure: It seems to me that now, when he wants to sleep, he does not lie down in his terrarium, but asks to be picked up.
it seems that our dragons have developed some kind of common plan.:LOL:

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Same thing with mine. He falls asleep on me almost every day, so as soon as I take him in the evening, within 2-3 minutes he puts his head on my chest, stretches his left arm back and sleeps. I am beginning to suspect that he has forgotten how to go to sleep in his terrarium on his own. :unsure: It seems to me that now, when he wants to sleep, he does not lie down in his terrarium, but asks to be picked up.
it seems that our dragons have developed some kind of common plan.:LOL:
That it does 😁
Sinatra is kindda the same, he'll stay awake as long as possible in his habitat, but as soon as I get him, he is usually wiggled in before I can even sit down.

NickAVD

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Foxy
That it does 😁
Sinatra is kindda the same, he'll stay awake as long as possible in his habitat, but as soon as I get him, he is usually wiggled in before I can even sit down.
Ohhhhh, Foxy's lights turn off at 8 pm, recently I decided to show character and make him go to bed himself.😐 At 7 pm I turned off all the lamps except one heating lamp to create twilight...
Time passed, Foxy stayed awake as if it was noon.
All this ended with my complete defeat, at 10 pm I took him in my arms and he instantly fell asleep.:oops:

ChileanTaco

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Taco
Mine's also reacting very much to the weather/ what he sees through the window.
Weather isn't changing here too much - we are in a region where it rains only each couple of years, and even winters are warmer and sunnier than at many other places -, but some days there is a bit of overcast.

(Mine always falls asleep, and sleeps, in his enclosure. He knows when the lights go out, and climbs down after the first went out, sits in his cave or one of his several hides, still awake and slowing down. I let him out as often he wants as long as he wants, which has never been that late. I could spend the entire evening until late with him, if he would like (I'm at home during evening, doing things like reading or coding), but he doesn't.)

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Ohhhhh, Foxy's lights turn off at 8 pm, recently I decided to show character and make him go to bed himself.😐 At 7 pm I turned off all the lamps except one heating lamp to create twilight...
Time passed, Foxy stayed awake as if it was noon.
All this ended with my complete defeat, at 10 pm I took him in my arms and he instantly fell asleep.:oops:
Yup that sounds about right 😁

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Panthercat
Top Bottom